Rain & roofing

Landshark

Have been considering silicone for roof for years. Did it work for you? Where did you get it? Cost? Paintable?
My thoughts as well. I looked into the Henry's silicone product and it sounds great. The only thing their technical data sheets didn't address was the ability to recoat with the same product in the future. I assume it would adhere but will need to call tech support to confirm.

Have been considering silicone for roof for years. Did it work for you? Where did you get it? Cost? Paintable?
I have coated three damaged roofs with he Henry's product. So far the results are very good. The product needs to be shaken well and we stored it upside down [thinking that when we turn the can right side up it will mix again] we applied with a thick roller and yes you can put on multiple coats.
We had a scupper with a leak inside of it and no matter what I did I could not stop it from leaking in to the wall below; I had a friend stand on a ladder where the scupper poured out over the roof and then I poured about 1/2 a gallon of silicone through the scupper while my friend caught the excess in a bucket--problem solved! I am interested to see how the sun, sand and salt affect the silicone after a few years on the beach. I also am considering painting the underside of a drywall patio ceiling with silicone to prevent moisture damage.

I have coated three damaged roofs with he Henry's product. So far the results are very good. The product needs to be shaken well and we stored it upside down [thinking that when we turn the can right side up it will mix again] we applied with a thick roller and yes you can put on multiple coats.
We had a scupper with a leak inside of it and no matter what I did I could not stop it from leaking in to the wall below; I had a friend stand on a ladder where the scupper poured out over the roof and then I poured about 1/2 a gallon of silicone through the scupper while my friend caught the excess in a bucket--problem solved! I am interested to see how the sun, sand and salt affect the silicone after a few years on the beach. I also am considering painting the underside of a drywall patio ceiling with silicone to prevent moisture damage.
Interesting idea for the scupper -- we've been having scupper-to-wall problems as well. (Did a test, applying a "splotch" of silicone over a couple cracks in the roof coating. That was 5 years ago, and it is still good.)