Ramon's

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Yum Yum!!!!!!!!!!! Went there for dinner last night and it is better than Old Port Galley!! All you can eat fish, chips and salad for 9 bucks!!! Just like Old Port Galley but way better. Ramon opened the door for us, came out and talked to us, delivered our second and third :eek3: baskets of fish and gave us a piece of his yummy tres leches cake with CHOCOLATE dribbled all over it to share for dessert. I felt like Jabba the Hut when I was done! Ramon has done a fine job going out on his own. The restaurant is beautiful and the prices are reasonable. He also does catering. If you need directions or a phone number, PM me.

calletano69

Food my be fine, but for catering try someone else, try ripping me off on catering for a wedding that i was having over the summer, i found more people, better food and prices, (have contact's number's glad to help) just a warning i haved my experience with him, don't have him planning your wedding.

fatboyharley

Well Known Member
Wonder why? Have had him cater several times and never a problem In fact when I went shopping around for prices and extras he was the best price and options that I found. I have found him to always go over an above for anythng I have needed :chef: .

dmcauley

Well Known Member
Ladyjeeper said:
Yum Yum!!!!!!!!!!! Went there for dinner last night and it is better than Old Port Galley!! All you can eat fish, chips and salad for 9 bucks!!! Just like Old Port Galley but way better. Ramon opened the door for us, came out and talked to us, delivered our second and third :eek3: baskets of fish and gave us a piece of his yummy tres leches cake with CHOCOLATE dribbled all over it to share for dessert. I felt like Jabba the Hut when I was done! Ramon has done a fine job going out on his own. The restaurant is beautiful and the prices are reasonable. He also does catering. If you need directions or a phone number, PM me.
If you guys needed a third basket of fish, the servings must be tiny- Never had to order more than two at old port and that was when we had ravenous teenagers with us.
Where is this place?

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Turn east on Simon Morua, (Portugal's corner), go east 9 blocks passing Ace Hardware on the way, turn right on Av. FCO Gonzalez Bocanegra, (Floreria Garzon is on the corner) and go 1 block. La Casa De Ramon is on the left. Yummmmmmay! Enjoy!

mel150

Well Known Member
Great breakfasts in a sunny, bright environment. Try the Divorce eggs! (One in green sauce, one in red sauce).

E

El Feo

Tried this place. Nicely done inside. What we ate was tasty but I was disappointed when I saw the same menu that everyone else has, not much different.

Dezracer

Well Known Member
Went for dinner Saturday nite. Only one person waiting tables in a packed resturant. Ramon took everybody to work a wedding in Las Conchas.

Service was great...even with only one person.

Food...only so-so

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Maybe they were off with people gone to Vegas. Did you have the fish and chips? My friends have gone there every month for 6 months and never had one little complaint. I'd give them another chance.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Just twist my arm, Joe!:mrgreen::mrgreen: YES! ABSOLUTELY! YEPPERS! SI!:mrgreen::mrgreen:

I'll write to ya later, when I get home from work.

thecoldtruth

Another sophmoric dining experience. Ordered a combo plate to sample a few different dishes and some were served cold and all were not worth going back for. I was the only one there and the server was nice but couldn't understand the basics of ordering and serving. I shouldn't have to wait 2-3 minutes to get my utensils to eat. Lame and overrated

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Went to Ramons Sat. eve. for the usual and as usual, I was not disappointed! Piping hot fish and fries, great service and the best homemade tartar sauce I ever tasted! They serve a great Bacardi Anejo and Coke, too. Can't wait for the next time! Yum!

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
Went to Ramons Sat. eve. for the usual and as usual, I was not disappointed! Piping hot fish and fries, great service and the best homemade tartar sauce I ever tasted! They serve a great Bacardi Anejo and Coke, too. Can't wait for the next time! Yum!
The one time I was there, the fish fry was excellent....but....I think Bill's fish fry over Thanksgiving was better!!!!:chef::notworthy:

dwig222

Well Known Member
We didn't go there last night as planned. We skipped lunch so we were hungry early and wanted to sit by the water. We went to Mary's and were a little disappointed. It was HEALTHY fish. :roll: We're all about heathy eating at home, but not in RP!

The fish tacos were grilled fish and we expected breaded and deep fried. It was good and there was a ton of fish on each taco, but next time we will order the deep fried shrimp (that looked good).

We still plan to go to Ramon's before we leave on Friday.