Rants and Rave threads

To the Admin's, Tyler and Stuart.
Is there a way to flag the R&R posts so they don't show up as recent activity to all.
Put it in it's place where it can be only viewed by going into R&R.

The current crop of them have Zero to do with what this forum is about,
I don't have a problem with R&R, but it's distracting enough for me and others to stop visiting here.

Thx

Maybe they will calm down after Wednesday AM when the election crap will hopefully be over.

Is there a way to flag the R&R posts so they don't show up as recent activity to all.

I don't have a problem with R&R, but it's distracting enough for me and others to stop visiting here.

Thx

Maybe they will calm down after Wednesday AM when the election crap will hopefully be over.
I completely agree, I have no issue if people actually feel the need to spend their time & energy insulting each other that's on them but if I don't have to sift through the profanities to view "recent activity" as to see what everyone in every column except R&R has to say about RP which is what I thought the forum was about then I can stay (not that anyone cares if I stay or not) but I actually enjoyed popping in & seeing what's going on at my second home. If I were surfing the net about RP & some of the stuff came up I would be appalled (and I am definitely no liberal, there is just a civilized way to express oneself or have conversations)

Holy cow, i see that. Maybe just click the new posts and you won't see the R&R's...
I like to see the latest stuff when I'm on my phone, very quick. So I use recent activity.

Unlike when Jerry and others had a few R&R's, it was easy to scroll past them.

Now the R&R's have taken over this forum and hopefully it doesn't chase those remaining from here.

That would mainly turn this into a R&R forum which makes no sense to even bother with it

Exactly, I tried just doing "new posts" but its definitely not the same easy form that you can scroll through down to the last time you checked in to see who is posting what since the last time you checked in. Even when Jerry did rant, I usually did not agree at all with his point of view but he never was downright disgusting or perverted. Plus I could just scroll past it. No one is going to agree on every issue but healthy conversation is now completely out the window so I don't even mind that since I never really came here to get political but liked to see the different views. Now I just want to see what's going on RP , going in 2 weeks. :cool:It worries me I haven't seen too many posts from the regulars :(so that I can pick out a decent post.

mduran

I'm Cooban, dammit!

Thx

Sorry guys. You are spot on. Sadly a lot of us came from a different site that used to be cool and some of us has gotten used to the "banter' back and forth. Seems one post has to top another.

KDM

King of Da FOO!
Sorry guys. You are spot on. Sadly a lot of us came from a different site that used to be cool and some of us has gotten used to the "banter' back and forth. Seems one post has to top another.
Why you apologizing for us???? :p

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Does anybody else realize that all of these profiles are brand new and they aren't talking about anything related to Rocky Point or really anything in general. It's like demented 6th grade talk which more or less seems like it's spambot generated however, I get the feeling it's some asshole playing with our forum for the LULZ. Regardless I dont understand why we're letting it happen. Even if it is in the R&R... Take a hike bruh

Does anybody else realize that all of these profiles are brand new and they aren't talking about anything related to Rocky Point or really anything in general. It's like demented 6th grade talk which more or less seems like it's spambot generated however, I get the feeling it's some asshole playing with our forum for the LULZ. Regardless I dont understand why we're letting it happen. Even if it is in the R&R... Take a hike bruh
Hola Joe, I've been wondering when others of us we're going to start wondering how this is being accepted by admin. apparently whoever "they" are , are from THT fishing & hunting forum & some were banned , heard that they could come here to say whatever they want. I think it's just a few people too making multiple users because I don't beleive there are really that many grown "men?" that would spend their time going back & forth. one of them told me this "isn't real" but our forum is real people with real info so I thought it was sad that someone would want to escape their real life to spend time & energy doing things that weren't real. Stuart said they are great fisherman so if they offered some stuff about that here they'd be more than welcome in my opinion but I'm glad to see a few other men think some of the comments are childish & gross so I don't have to lose faith in the male population. I actually prayed for them

Last edited:

mduran

I'm Cooban, dammit!
Why you apologizing for us???? :p
Somebody has too. The locals don't know us like we know us. I guess looking in from the outside, we don't paint a pretty picture. I know it's because the locals don't really know us or what we are really about. We know this is just "locker room" banter back and forth. But the locals don't. They see us as perverted and cruel. They don't know that when ever a rat was in need, we pulled together to help. Not just words on a screen, but actually donated money to members in need. Our "cruelness" comes off as........ well, cruel. But truth be told, we are not really like that. I have personally met some members of the bilge and even tried to offer one member's son a job that is just now starting college.

A note to the locals. Sorry guys that we are invading your forum. After all, we are bilge rats. It's what we do. But what you may not know or maybe you do. We are a very tight group. Yes, we scream, disagree and call each other names that would make our mom's wash our mouth's out with Lava soap. But, we also have each others backs in a time need. I hope that DL ( Stuart ) is able to help you guys out where you don't have to see the R&R every time you want to search for something other than R&R.

I would also encourage the locals to visit, blow off some steam and maybe "get to know" a rat before judgment is passed. We have very strict orders NOT to mess with the locals. And we will do as instructed.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
I'll look to see if there's a way to disable R+R posts from the Recent Activity list.

In the meantime, you can chose to ignore them. Rants has had no traffic for months. None of the regular users here even bother with it. I am allowing them to have their schoolyard there with the strict stipulation that it stays there and does not filter up here into the general forums. So far, I haven't seen any evidence that it has.

Any posts up here that I've seen from new members have been polite and just wanting to know about our special little corner of paradise. I'm okay by that.

Rants has always been a place anyone can go and blow off steam and be politically incorrect without fear of banning or reprisal, by design. From Jerry and Kenny days, til now.

If it annoys you, don't go down there. Nobody has for months. As said, I 'll look into how I can isolate it as far as activity lists and such.
Thanks,
Stuart

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
I have changed the forum settings. You should no longer see new posts in Rants when you view New Posts.

Likewise, you can individually control what threads you are watching and how you receive alerts for various forum activity. Simply click your username on the main toolbar to the right, and your User Control Panel will open. Under Alert Preferences, there are many controls to customize what you are actually alerted on, as well as other personalization options under Preferences. Take a moment to set this up the way you'd like it and it should help immensely.

Thanks!
Stuart

Last edited:

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Anyone with any intelligence left a long time ago.....oops!
They all went to mindless Facebook, which I personally don't place too high on the intelligence factor. Hahaha! ;)

There are at least three groups I'm aware of on Facebook and they often seem to get into it with each other way more than I see among our happily dysfunctional family here! I've noted a few of the Mexico "haters" we used to have here now spend their time and effort over there, doing the same thing. No loss to us, as far as I'm concerned. One of the groups allows nothing bad about Mexico to be said at all -- too Chamber of Commerce for me and not a reflection of what really goes on in Penasco on a day-to-day basis. I love the place, as you all know, but no way I'd try to blow smoke up your butt that it's all unicorns and rainbows. But, for those that make a living off tourism (which many in that group do), I can see why they'd suppress anything negative.

Honesty is the best policy and I've always believed that here. While there are many positives and it's generally safe and fun for all, there are also a few warts that all should be aware of (radar trap scheme in Sonoyta, invisible stop signs, shady deals and characters, no water issues, other things of that nature). To pretend they don't exist is a disservice to all and if you KNOW about them, you can avoid them.

playaperro

El Pirata
Somebody has too. The locals don't know us like we know us. I guess looking in from the outside, we don't paint a pretty picture. I know it's because the locals don't really know us or what we are really about. We know this is just "locker room" banter back and forth. But the locals don't. They see us as perverted and cruel. They don't know that when ever a rat was in need, we pulled together to help. Not just words on a screen, but actually donated money to members in need. Our "cruelness" comes off as........ well, cruel. But truth be told, we are not really like that. I have personally met some members of the bilge and even tried to offer one member's son a job that is just now starting college.

A note to the locals. Sorry guys that we are invading your forum. After all, we are bilge rats. It's what we do. But what you may not know or maybe you do. We are a very tight group. Yes, we scream, disagree and call each other names that would make our mom's wash our mouth's out with Lava soap. But, we also have each others backs in a time need. I hope that DL ( Stuart ) is able to help you guys out where you don't have to see the R&R every time you want to search for something other than R&R.

I would also encourage the locals to visit, blow off some steam and maybe "get to know" a rat before judgment is passed. We have very strict orders NOT to mess with the locals. And we will do as instructed.
First Impression was you last impression!

Kenny

I heard about those boy's down in the hole and so I dropped in on them to see if it was
a exaggeration about their behavior, it's not. Most of them but not all, seemed like a bunch of crybaby's and think their banter is cute. I stretched them out a bit, but I think they'll be OK.... Dog, if you go down there bring a bone.

playaperro

El Pirata

I'd be more than Happy to donate to your go fund me account so you wannabe rocky pointers can start your own forum.

marybna

Today I saw a website I have never been to. Penasco Today News. I went to Resturants and ssaw alot I didn't know about. I will have to eat out more often.