Real Estate Auction on June 4

Ever wondered what happened to the Villa Cortez condo project down by the Morua Estuary? Wonder no longer: Along with a lot of other projects (Suenos del Mar, for one-- isn't that Larry Large's deal?), land, etc., it is being auctioned off in a developer's liquidation auction on June 4.

See:
175 Acres of Puerto Penasco Land to be Auctioned Off on June 4, 2009
( http://rptides.blogspot.com/2009/05/175-acres-of-puerto-penasco-land-to-be.html )

This could be interesting. Wonder if it's a precursor to even more such events, and if it will have any effect on real estate prices in general in PP?

Last edited:
E

El Feo

Just heard from " a reliable source", not only did they sell NO property, NO ONE showed up for the auction. All properties were offered by Majestic Investments (Larry Large) , except for Vista Cortez. No bidders, no bids, no sales. Not surprised myself, given all the vagarities of real estate in Mexico. .

Wow, that would not be good, El Feo. I have a call in to the auction company but don't expect to hear back from them with any alacrity. I'll call again on Monday.

Roberto

A second 'reliable source' reports that 2 properties were sold ?? I guess we'll know the facts soon.

Well, a second phone call has been placed but no one has gotten back to me yet. HOWEVER, I noticed on their website that the land that was on the auction page has been moved to the "Available Properties" page, with a notation that the 5 parcels are "Still Available". That sure sounds like a no-sale to me...

See it yourself at http://www.redfieldgroup.com/available.php

Hey all
We could all get together and buy a ocean front piece, build a small jetty , set up a launching place with a few slips or off shore tie up bouys and just camp on the beach.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
I am very interested if they sold any property at all. It felt scummy to me from the get go but what do I know (nothing thats what)

Don't mean to hijack this thread, Russ, but I was just visiting Naomi's site on Etsy.com and I was very impressed. She has a really good eye and does excellent work! Only thing is, she's selling it too cheaply, lol. Seriously, in the right place with good marketing-- well, there I go again talking about marketing. :rolleyes:

Does she sell in places other than Etsy? Like in a brick and mortar shop?

E

El Feo

Another reliable source within the Majestic organization reports no sales.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
La Huerita,
Right now she only sells of the web but she is always looking for opportunities. I tell she sells to cheap but its her shop so I stay out of it. Thanks for the kind words about my wife, if you met her you would immediately like her. Very artistic - way different from corporate where we both came from several years ago.