Real Estate Insurance in Penasco...Has Anyone Dealt With The Padilla's For Insurance?

joanC

Well Known Member
Back when we started owning property here, before the first condo project on Sandy Beach, I recall our realtor answering our question by saying: "It's not if you get broken into, it's when". Patty was right, a few times so far!

We should have also asked her about weather events causing loss. The latest was the hurricane last September/22.

Insurance in Penasco is a gringo thing, basically unknown to local Mexicans except for some commercial operators and professionals. Every policy I've seen is quoted in US dollars, and payouts the same. It's not marketed to locals.

Like many, we had roof and sea wall damage and filed a claim with our insurance agent of nigh on 27 years. Back then there were, to my memory, only one or maybe two agents for the entire city representing actual insurers. (About 10 years ago, maybe less, another agent Rosy'd up long enough to steal from and defraud everyone she met. Our beloved RPTALK promoted and excused her for quite a period, until they didn't. I hope she's having a good "time".)

Without going into details, it's time to become disloyal to our long time agent.

We hopefully will find more credible and better service.

Advancing a claim is stressful enough without fighting agent-caused delays, misrepresentations, fictional promises to keep you happy and optimistic, and major problems finding an employee who speaks competent gringo English. I suggest clear language communication when navigating an insurance policy and a claim through an insurance agent is more imperative than when buying at the local fruit stand!

The local agent may have forgotten he is selling a product to gringos, and getting paid in USD.

We've been referred to MP & CO INSURANCE for our next policy renewal, coming soon. The site is www.MichellePadilla.com and they are on Benito Juarez just north of the dollar store (Waldo's), in a building shared with a dentist, Dr Padilla, and next door to the Salad restaurant, reportedly also a Padilla operation.

Has anyone dealt with the Padilla's for insurance, and on a claim? Will you renew with them?

Old55

Well Known Member
Yea, if a person is building just put that money in up front to a secure building ,a better structure.Avoid lumber(termites) , consider building with IFC systems, avoid beachfront builds or set it back if infilling between existing properties , avoid propane/gas water heaters and stoves , consider porches and ramada wind damage resistant alternatives ( sunsail type arrays) , simplify plumbing and use only the best valves…….and build up a rainy day fund rather than insurance that will fail for sure if it is a big hurricane ( or read the small print carefully If you do buy insurance … for example https://lowndes-law.com/article-detail/post_detail/hurricane-ian-take-a-hard-look-at-force-majeure-clauses-and-your-business-risks

Last edited:

brokenwave

Well Known Member
We've used Pro Alliance (Rosie) for almost 10 years, we had a house break-in 6 months into our 1st year with her insurance company.
We got paid and Rosie and Paty were great to deal with, I was in the office when Rosie needed to rip the adjuster for trying to cheat us.
My experience with them is good.

fatboyharley

Well Known Member
Had Proalliance and I paid the preminums every year. When I needed to file a claim I found out that the insurance company was never paid by ProAlliance. Left and never looked back from using her.

dirtsurfer

Well Known Member
Forum Supporter
Yea, if a person is building just put that money in up front to a secure building ,a better structure.Avoid lumber(termites) , consider building with IFC systems, avoid beachfront builds or set it back if infilling between existing properties , avoid propane/gas water heaters and stoves , consider porches and ramada wind damage resistant alternatives ( sunsail type arrays) , simplify plumbing and use only the best valves…….and build up a rainy day fund rather than insurance that will fail for sure if it is a big hurricane ( or read the small print carefully If you do buy insurance … for example https://lowndes-law.com/article-detail/post_detail/hurricane-ian-take-a-hard-look-at-force-majeure-clauses-and-your-business-risks
Good advice here for ALL construction anywhere.