Red tide

danwerle

Went house hunting again over the weekend to find black algae washed up on shore and in the waves making the beachs from playa La Jolla to Mirimar unswimmable.....does anyone know what it is? Is this regular? It was there 2 weeks ago too....

Different note, highest tide I've ever seen in RP, got lucky to swim with the kids In The Morua estuary had our own personal lazy river within feet of cholla cactus, the high tide was cutting new high water marks in some places...cool to see nature at work. I'm assuming this is related to the summer solstice?

jerry

Check out the tides for fishing site.....it was maybe 18 and a quarter...almost never gets to 19

MIRAMAR

We've seen the black seaweed probably twice in past 10 years. Hopefully it will be gone soon!

Daughter saw tons of fish (?) eggs attached to this so it may be helpful

Went house hunting again over the weekend to find black algae washed up on shore and in the waves making the beachs from playa La Jolla to Mirimar unswimmable.....does anyone know what it is? Is this regular? It was there 2 weeks ago too....

Different note, highest tide I've ever seen in RP, got lucky to swim with the kids In The Morua estuary had our own personal lazy river within feet of cholla cactus, the high tide was cutting new high water marks in some places...cool to see nature at work. I'm assuming this is related to the summer solstice?
Seaweed Lots of seaweed.