Remote & quiet beaches left?

B

beachintheblood

Are there any remote & quiet beaches left? It seems that every beach has a master planned community with a high rise on it. I am looking for a lot to build on but maybe will have to go further South.

Kenny

beachintheblood said:
Are there any remote & quiet beaches left? It seems that every beach has a master planned community with a high rise on it. I am looking for a lot to build on but maybe will have to go further South.
I've been looking at your post's since you got here, and I've decided you must be from timbucktoo.. :roll:

Oh, here's a few pictures of that stinky old estuary for ya. If you look close, you can see where that Mayan Palace place is starting to grow... :eek: :eek3:
[attachment=2:1wzn4qfa]La%20Pinta4.jpg[/attachment:1wzn4qfa]
[attachment=1:1wzn4qfa]La%20Pinta%20Sarah%20&%20Natalie_jpg2.jpg[/attachment:1wzn4qfa]
[attachment=0:1wzn4qfa]more%20New%20years%20day-La%20Pinta.jpg[/attachment:1wzn4qfa]

Attachments

B

beachintheblood

Just to clarify- the Mayan Island project is not the Mayan Palace. Not sure what you mean by timbucktoo but I have been coming to RP since 1970, have owned a house in Cholla, Dorada and now Miramar. I have also ridden the length of Baja on a dirtbike, atv'd to El Golfo 6 times and Atv'd to Puerto Lobos a few times. I have ridden around the estuary that the Mayan Island is on for 10 years and It will be a hellhole in the summer-plus why would anyone want to buy out there away from the beach when condos all over RP on the beach will be [are] selling for a huge discount? I fish the estuary all the time and love it but being away form the beach like Mayan Island is hard to understand.
Maybe Desemboque will be without the trappings of resort development for a while.

Kenny

No it's not... I can't wait to see the jet ski's on the canals from the airport. I think Sub is already looking forward to that. :sunny:

I might not of seen you, but I sure must have heard you.. :x

Kenny

B

beachintheblood

I would love to jet ski on the estuary again. I have not jet skiied out there since since selling my ski's.

beachintheblood said:
Just to clarify- the Mayan Island project is not the Mayan Palace.
True, but Mayan Island, Mayan Palace, Grand Mayan et al are all part of the same project by Grupo Mayan. I think they're calling the whole tamale "La Jolla de Cortez" now, or something like that.

A fellow named Daniel Chavez owns the company, headquartered in Guadalajara. In each of his previous resorts he has chosen to build some distance away from where the major development has been and boy didn't he do the same in PP! Talk about being OUT there, lol. But as the amenities get built, if this resort follows the pattern, a lot of people won't much care that Mayan Island isn't right on the beach.

Kenny

beachintheblood said:
I would love to jet ski on the estuary again. I have not jet skiied out there since since selling my ski's.

Really? One of the reasons I started going down that way years ago was to get away from the Yahoo's back toward town, but they always find a way, don't they? :roll:

Kenny

B

beachintheblood

We have been spending time in Desemboque and Puerto Lobos for that very reason.

S

Submarine

Jetskiing in a canal? Why?
Unless there are sandbars to jump and a good roller coming out, no thank you. I don't do that kind of jetskiing Kenny!

Kenny

Submarine said:
Jetskiing in a canal? Why?
Unless there are sandbars to jump and a good roller coming out, no thank you. I don't do that kind of jetskiing Kenny!

It was a Joke Sub...The master plan has canals that run from the airport to the Mayan mess, and it would off limits to jet ski's etc..That in itself you would make it attractive to rebels without a clue, ;) and maybe you.. :D

Kenny

Kenny

beachintheblood said:
We have been spending time in Desemboque and Puerto Lobos for that very reason.

So, you've been trying to get away from yourself? :lol:

Kenny

joester

2 salty dawgs
for goodness sake, don't tell him about Jerry's neighborhood.....
the nicest unspoiled beach I have seen in mexico.....

jerry

Joester,
i've given up getting bent out of shape on the jetSki people.They seem to get sick of dragging them to the beach after a while and spend more time driving ATV's drunk on the dunes which still irritates anyone with a brain.

The Mexicans are just as bad as the Anglos

jerry

Joester next time you go down Doug will get you on his retro Hobie. He and some of the other guys have also been buying old Suzuki Samurais for beach cruising. They do work really well and compared to an atv they are bargains.