Ridin the Rails in Mexico

GV Jack

Snorin God
Roberto...I think you just doscovered your answer.

Ditch the van, jump on with these guys, see Mexico in a nice fresh air ride, with great company
and a panorama of the world. Win, Win buddy.

Roberto

I read a series of books written by US folk who rode the rails for free in the early days. Hobos some, working poor others. An interesting life I'm sure, but no at this juncture of my life.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
The director Pedro came to Peñasco a few weeks ago to show his film about the plight of these train riding immigrants it is sad - it is true - it is deadly. Look for his name on Youtube and watch the clips with English subtitles! Sample clip no subs

playaperro

El Pirata
When I ran away from Ft Grant reform school I hopped on one and ended up in Miami Florida. It was not that bad!

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
When I ran away from Ft Grant reform school I hopped on one and ended up in Miami Florida. It was not that bad!
It's horrible for thes migrants from Central and South America. They (most of them) have no idea how far and how dangerous it is to cross Mexico with little to no protection or guidance.
It is not a fun filled vacation!

playaperro

El Pirata
It's horrible for thes migrants from Central and South America. They (most of them) have no idea how far and how dangerous it is to cross Mexico with little to no protection or guidance.
It is not a fun filled vacation!
Maybe they could hire a tour guide, you in the know of any?

Kenny

Wasn't there a movie done based on your legendary escape??
Robert Blake played the dog dressed like little beaver at the start of the film, the part he played in the Red Ryder series.

The story ends on a upbeat note after the dog had made his way from Miami to Calli 13, where he lived happily ever after.

Last edited: