Roadblock

ernesto

Got to the poorly designed cloverleaf North of town today at 1:15 pm and group of 30 -40 men holding signs complaining of an "injustice" had the road blocked. I assumed it was the fishermen again. They were all riled up. They said no one would pass for at least an hour. Two cop cars showed up right away with 4 officers. I told one i was trying to go back to the US and he walked to the front and told the protesters to let me thru.It looked like it could have gotten out of hand there for awhile. I was let thru but I was at the front of the line. Anyone else get caught up in that?
Otherwise it was a beautiful weekend, Few people.Ate at the new Mar Blue in Old Port,awesome.

Jim

They are at the Laguna Shores turnoff. They are there in support of some fishermen that were arrested for fishing in a restricted area. All have been released except the Captain and I got it on good word that everything will be resolved by Tues.

we got caught in it as we were arriving....first duty free was closed when we hit the border and then we were to be delayed getting to the ocean....we were told they are allowed to petition for one hour and then the police put an end to it????? Not sure if true or not but if according to that, we would of sat there for another 45 minutes so we followed others and went through a dirt path and out on the other side of it....all was good!!