ROBBED while we were 10 feet away in our bed...

LK&CC

YES! It happenned about 3months ago here in Las Conchas:!: And it could happen to you!

Though guard/police reports filed, NOTHING was done, no recovery of anything stolen.
Needless to say, we are not only more aware of our surroundings...we are also locked and loaded. Remember, Mexican law allows 'equal force'. So, if you catch or 'sting' a robber, make sure you do it by the book.

ROBBED while we were 30 feet away in our bed....

YES! It happened about 30 years ago here in Seattle! And it could happen to you!

Though police reports filed, NOTHING was done, no recovery of anything stolen.
Needless to say, I'm not sure there is anywhere in the world where this kind of thing can not happen...good luck with your lock and load solution. I'll just stick with the locks.

Roberto

If you are who I think you are, you were robbed by someone that knows you and your house well. Did you lose computer stuff? Did they enter through a window? Gardener, maid's relative. Who has been hanging around looking at your computer stuff?

InkaRoads

cronopiador
YES! It happenned about 3months ago here in Las Conchas:!: And it could happen to you!

Though guard/police reports filed, NOTHING was done, no recovery of anything stolen.
Needless to say, we are not only more aware of our surroundings...we are also locked and loaded. Remember, Mexican law allows 'equal force'. So, if you catch or 'sting' a robber, make sure you do it by the book.
is it senor pescado? I got robbed while I was 20 feet away from the incident and although police reports were made and insurance was notified and pawn shops were alerted, nothing was recovered, this happen a couople of weeks ago, not 3 months and in Tucson, as many seem to believe bigger and better services, please gimme a break I take RP thiefs anytime!! at least they might not be crack heads but just hungry for food!!

Kenny, am I in the right track? or should I say "traca"

Last edited:
M

makettle

thanks Jerry.

You're the only one who has been objective re. this rash of burglaries. The 'nay-say' posters are obvioulsy Mex. who don't care. Sad.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
http://azstarnet.com/news/state-and-regional/article_b50c37b8-44dc-58bc-886c-51ec31b7fae9.html
One of these 3 geniuses is married to a woman I know that waited for him for 7 years to get out of prison...
I have never, ever, understood why some women do this. Just like the one that helped the Kingman guys escape and go on the lam and kill an innocent couple for their RV. I mean, c'mon already -- the guy is in PRISON. Does that not tell you something about his nature?? Oh, that's right -- everybody in prison is innocent and the system was just out to get them. How stupid and desperate do you have to be?? Apparently, there's no lack of women that want serial killers and guys on death row as "prison lovers" though. Just absolutely beyond my comprehension.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
thanks Jerry.

You're the only one who has been objective re. this rash of burglaries. The 'nay-say' posters are obvioulsy Mex. who don't care. Sad.
Yes it is sad and, unfortunately, many of the posters here profess blindness or downplay any report of crime in Penasco. "It coulda happened anywhere." Why yes, yes it could have. But it didn't. It happened in Rocky Point, which is why it's being reported HERE. I don't get the sense the OP was trying to diss Mexico, diss Rocky Point or diss anybody -- they were reporting an event that happened to them.

Why do I bother even pointing this out? Because this is not the 1st time I've seen this reaction, whether it's a report of trucks being ripped off or houses being broken into. If it doesn't concern you, then so be it. Move along. Nothing to see here. You do not need to immediately try to discredit the OP and tear them down. Those of us that have been around here forever have pretty good bullsh!t filters, I get that. If you feel a post has tripped your bullsh!t meter, then report it and I will take a look and make a determination about it. But PLEASE don't feel it's your sworn duty to immediately tear it apart yourself.

Thank-you,
The Management

Kenny

What got me was the "we are also locked and loaded.", and "do it by the book.", when we all know you can't pack in Mexico! Even if the robber had a gun "'equal force", would get you long stretch in hell.

Come to think of it , I didn't care much for markettle's, "The 'nay-say' posters are obvioulsy Mex." either!!

Last edited:
Sorry Stuart.....but I don't downplay the crime in Penasco....my own trailer was broken into about a year ago....trashed inside and several items stolen.....and the fact that Ladyjeeper didn't have all her stuff stolen parking her jeep on the street when she came down over Columbus Day was sheer luck....she probably used up several of her nine lives!!!

BUT..... the OP was downright wacky....a 3 month old supposed breakin....and then the comment about "locked and loaded" as Kenny already mentioned, and the use of "equal force", whatever that meant, set off the BS meter.

I'm "aware" of my surroundings wherever I go...be it in the states or in Mexico. I no longer leave doors unlocked, or leave anything of value lying around that can grow legs. I used to camp on Sandy Beach at Playa Bonita with the van door wide open at night, and when I graduated to a trailer, left the door unlocked when I went swimming with my daughter, also at Playa Bonita. Would I do that today....hell no. I even lock my trailer door if I'm visiting someone within my own park.

M

makettle

Thank you Stuart,

It was harrowing and has changed our view of life down here. Unfortunate, but true.
Thank you again. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Yup Joe, I said I was lucky. God takes care of fools and children. I didn't have time to unload....I wouldn't normally do that. I don't leave my trailer unlocked if I'm visiting in my park either, anymore. And, my BS meter went off, too, on the locked and loaded thing.........Just my 2 pesos......

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
I was "sleeping in" one morning a couple of years ago, 2008, I believe. Had my little pit bull on the couch in the room. Heard the door slide slowly open and thought it was my sister coming to ask me why I was so lazy (had something to do with homemade Margaritas). My dog lifted her head, which jingled her tags on her collar, and the door slowly closed. I was kinda buried in my sleeping bag...later, Linda said she didn't come up that morning. Only people around were our maintenance man and his workers who have been with him for years. It was either one of them, or they turned their back on whomever it was. If you know the setup of our house, you know you can't get to that door without being totally visible.:think:

Kenny

Are you the original poster?????
Good job Joe!... Man did they step in it,:lol: and it was his own sh** too. Yep, the one who said,"The 'nay-say' posters are obvioulsy Mex.", and the original poster, are one in the same!

Last edited: