Rocky Point has friends in Prescott

Cabo

Spanish Mackerrel
..." I had been downtown having a talk with Marlin Kuykendall, the mayor of Prescott, when our conversation drifted to the topic of Mexico. Suddenly we were volleying stories back and forth like a couple of boys talking about bicycles and superheroes. Like me, Mayor Kuykendall has enjoyed a few trips to Mexico over the years and he’s seen a lot of changes." .... "He told me about a project he’s been working on with Life Line Ambulance Service. ..... "He was excited about the project and said a group of local citizens and officials planned to make the trip with him the following week. And then, to my surprise, he invited me to tag along."

Chris Marzonie has an incredible eye and is able to capture them on film, (digital film now).

"So, what about my impressions of the trip and the town? Some things have changed a lot in ten years, and some things haven’t. The border crossing was easy" ... "

'''"" the impression I got that the Rocky Point (central) area still has the same feel to it though there are quite a few more touristy restaurants, bars and shops that have sprung up. Looking down the coast to the east from up near the point it’s easy to see it has been developed along the beach as far as the eye can see. The people of Rocky Point seem the same to me—friendly as ever. From the mayor to the guy selling bracelets on the beach, everyone is pleasant to talk to. I never sensed any animosity or bad vibes, which is great considering all that has been going on with politics, SB 1070 (Arizona’s new immigration law), a rotten economy, and the drug violence that is so rampant in the news. My hat is off to Mayor Kuykendall for following though with a project like this, ..... "

This does show people of Arizona care deeply about people in Rocky Point.

http://blog.chrismarzonie.com/

Check out the pictures especially the ones of Pinacate.

Last edited: