Rocky Point Residents

Who on this board really do live in Rocky Point.

Right now all I'd like to see is a post that says "I do or me or yea"

Thanks......maybe after a while I might want to ask some questions about living there.

We have looked into Lake Chapala and areas near about.

jerry

Thanks......maybe after a while I might want to ask some questions about living there.

Pretty demanding aren't we master!

Last edited:
I was in Guadalajara in October and spent a day exploring Chapala- it was absolutely fantastic. We definitely noticed many retiree-aged gringos/canucks around. I'm not near retirement but I would definitely love to go back. The historic village of Tlaquepaque is also incredible...

The west coast of Baja is incredible with its San Diego type weather. There are not many gringo oriented places but I fell in love with San Juanico and also liked San Quintin.

jerry

The west coast of Baja is incredible with its San Diego type weather. There are not many gringo oriented places but I fell in love with San Juanico and also liked San Quintin.
My friend has a home and awesome woodworking shop in el pescadore baja Sur... awesome

My friend has a home and awesome woodworking shop in el pescadore baja Sur... awesome
El Pescadore sounds great, especially with all of the fresh water they have. There is a nice development in El Rosario that I would like to return to.
I once signed a deed in a bar in Ensenada and the Notario looked gangsta/narco. This was my first [though not my last] unpleasant experience in dealing with Ejidos.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
What is wrong with buying on the Baja?
Very sketchy deals on land ownership and very difficult to prove ownership. The example I mentioned (Bufadora) is a perfect example.
http://www.gringogazette.com/content/la-bufadora-pulled-four-directions#sthash.NGMFkDTo.dpbs

Another one from back a few years.

http://www.nytimes.com/2000/11/01/world/americans-find-their-beachfront-dreams-washed-out-in-mexico.html

In another area, many Americans purchased land there and built homes, some nice ones. Ejido came in and claimed the land. Mexican court sided with the ejido. The Americans got kicked out. Some bulldozed their homes rather than just hand them over to the ejido.

Be very careful buying anything in Baja.

interesting articles thanks I know several individuals who just last year purchased houses in that area I learned that they pay a yearly fee for the land use.

interesting articles thanks I know several individuals who just last year purchased houses in that area I learned that they pay a yearly fee for the land use.
I would guess your friends are on Ejido land if they are paying monthly and if they are it is a tenuous situation at best. The Ejidos will break all contracts and kick anyone down the road for the first person who offers them an extra dollar.