Rocky Point Talk Cook Book

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Well, it seems that we could start all the planning in this thread, how big of a book, how many pictures, how much will it cost, etc.
Most important, everybody must understand that these effort is for charity, to help some or as many as we can of the already existing organization or even start our own, why not?
It could be the begining of something beautiful........OK that line was to corny!!
We can turn this into a monster, If we all pull together as a team.....OK, OK I heard that before too!!
Lets get to it and do it....that is what I was looking for!! :eek3:

Last edited:

AZ ROB

Well Known Member
Michelle and I are in...........We were involved in one years ago where everyone who submitted a receipe had to pay $5 or $10 dollars to cover printing and then they were able to sale the books cheaper and all money went to charity. We submited all reciepes and pictures electronically then 1 person went to kinkos or someplace like that and they down loaded all the files and made a nice book with the spiral binding and it raised alot of money for the school charity and I think everyone who submitted a receipe got a copy of the book

beachgirl

Well Known Member
I don't know anything about doing something like this, but that sounds like a great idea to me Rob!!

AZ ROB

Well Known Member
I will be more than happy to send you the first one just need a e-mail address :chef:

AZ ROB

Well Known Member
:bunny:Doing a little research found this place http://diggypod.com/cookbook-printing.html nice books but They will run about $5.00 each to print I will check with kinkos to see what a book printed up with the plastic spiral would cost. These are suggestions. The more expensive book is great but it cost more the Less expensive one is more rustic but it will cost less and possibly not have that appeal some would want. It will all boil down to how much can it sale for and how much of that will go to charity... I think a great idea would since everything will be electronic to have all reciepes and pics put on to a c.d. and send with the books or sale it separatly.. Just ideas

Quick calculation from the web site
qty 200 books
100 pages
6"x9" book
color cover
perfect binding (not spiral)
after shipping about $3.00 per book
Sale price of $10.00 gives about $7.00 to charity sale all books= 1400.00
FYI this is all hypothetical as a plan

Last edited:

AZ ROB

Well Known Member
Talked with my SHMBO and she said she would help to head this up (with your ideas) and with Marks ok we set up [email protected] Send all reciepes to this address and We will start to organize them into some order with all of you guys giving suggestions. Her idea is to limit to 100 reciepes and try to keep ingredients that are easy to find need ideas on catagories and maybe with each reciepe send a short story of how this reciepe was influenced or just somthing to make it more personal Mark has a website he said we can use as well to start posting reciepes and you guys can vote on duplicate ideas if we want pictures cost will go up but then someone has to cook the meal and then take a picture. although Pictures would be great if we add a digital version

Thank you Rob... Barb and I are very appreciative that you nominated our school charity as the beneficiary of this effort, but I would feel much better if it were put up for a vote as to who should benefit from the proceeds... there will be many people involved and they may have other favorite causes here in Rocky Point...

Thank you very much for your consideration... Barb and I are truly honored to have met you and Michelle and many others from this forum... you all have helped us to help so many... we love all of you...

AZ ROB

Well Known Member
Mark you are 100% correct. this is a community effort the community shall decide all to one or some to all (I just cant wait to try some of the recipes first kinda selfish that way)

Mark you are 100% correct. this is a community effort the community shall decide all to one or some to all (I just cant wait to try some of the recipes first kinda selfish that way)
I hope there will be many shellfish recipes too...

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Mark did you use shellfish selfishly or did you do that on porpoise? Many times I say things just for the halibut and then sometimes I want to say things and forget what it is then I flounder a bit. Dont get crabby at this diatribe ou know a lot of people think I got sole! Have a great day out of the wind

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
My wife is creating a site where we can add our recipes and from there actually produce the book so hold on tomatoes we will see if this works, or tell me to stop and I will have her not complete the site

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
http://rptalkrecipes.shutterfly.com/

Go to this site and you have to create an account which takes about 40 seconds it is free and then you can log in to the site and contribute pictures of food along with recipes. Check it out and make suggestions if you want to change anything this is a group effort

La Huerita

Well Known Member
http://rptalkrecipes.shutterfly.com/

Go to this site and you have to create an account which takes about 40 seconds it is free and then you can log in to the site and contribute pictures of food along with recipes. Check it out and make suggestions if you want to change anything this is a group effort
I'll do that, thanks Russ. Here's another suggestion, for what it's worth. If anyone here has the software for creating PDF files, the book could be put together that way and that would create another option for potential buyers. They could download the file for a price instead of buying a printed book, and print it out themselves. That would potentially save some money on printing costs and might even lead to more sales.

Just a thought.

Edited to ask what email address should recipes be sent to? I couldn't find one on the Shutterfly site where it gave instructions...

Last edited: