Rocky Point works on image as break nears

I have been back and forth two times since the highway incident and still see no added police force on the 60 miles between the cities. I have seen the highway service truck each time and had not see it before.

Roberto

I've seen additional coverage. Federals and locals. I was stopped by the Federals on the last trip to the border, just to make sure all was OK. There is definately an increase in coverage on the highway from Sonoita.

There was no presence this weekend. Not on Friday afternoon when most go down. Not even the speed traps in Sonoyta. One federals coming home on Sunday. This is not happening in our experience.
We are down twice a month and actually have seen less traffic. What are we missing??? Nothing on eight.

Roberto, this past weekend it was the LEAST amount we have ever seen i.e. none. Are you driving at night? This has been our experience on Friday afternoons.

Last edited:
The last time I went down....when I crossed the border about 6-6:30pm(dark already), I passed 2 going back to Sonoita....my radar went bonkers about 5 miles outside of town, then about a minute later, it went off again. Maybe they were quitting shift????

InkaRoads

cronopiador
I return yesterday, Tuesday, and there were two cop cars, one coming from Sonoyta and the other one passed me going to Sonoyta, I am sure that you will not see a cop car everytime you travel the road but I have seen them regularly on and off almost every other trip.
This is how save I feel it is, in my way out of town I stopped 3 times between PP and Sonoyta to take pictures so I can show you guys how green the desert is, you will have to wait for those pics thou, too much work today!! in the USA side I also stop numerous times to take some more pics and the border patrol stop and ask if everything was fine I said "am OK" and he left me and the other 30 undocumented people behind the bush to continue taking pics!! :eek3:

tyler

I like pie.
Staff member
Considering I have never seen any cops on the highway on any of the times I've gone, I think they are going in the right direction.