Rosy"s

Wood Spinner

Well Known Member
We tried Rosy's last night and the service was very good. We had a special #1 at about 225 pesos and it was just good. I felt it was over priced for what we received. It is a for 2 dinner and it did fill us up but we are not big eaters, we generally split a normal dinner and I felt we should have had leftovers.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Sorry I had a different experience.
Last 2 times at Rosy's the food was decent to good but sevice was terrible. A few days ago for breakfast and 3 weeks ago for lunch. Waitress's was so
un-interested with her customers, my local friend got peeved and spoke with the owner. No tip for the waitress, 1st time in my life I didn't
leave a tip.

sunshine

Well Known Member
Rosy's is a must for us. Every trip, we enjoy numerous breakfasts. We have taken many camper friends there and they have positive comments too.
Rosy herself always greets us with a big smile and a hug!
One of my favorites are the omlettes. Huge!
See u there tomorrow morning!

Happy New Year!

Sunshine

InkaRoads

cronopiador
I have had their breakfast quite a few times and I must say their breakfasts are excelent very tasty, however once I tried them for lunch and a second time for dinner, in both instances the food was ok to mediocre floating in melted butter or oil and so hot you had to wait, what seem for hours to be able to take a bite, unfortunately for me that was enough to just go there for breakfast, it is never floating on boiling oil.

dwig222

Well Known Member
We like Rosy's for breakfast. She knows us and welcomes us each visit. We have always had wonderful service and her prices are fair for breakfast. We did go to their fish fry one night and the fish was overcooked so we haven't been back for that. She has one of the few restaurants freqented by Americans where you don't get an english version of the menu. I asked her about it once and she laughed and said "this is Mexico, we speak spanish". I think she loses business because of that. That's why we only go for breakfast. Her staff will help you, but if they are busy you can't expect them to translate the entire menu.

AZSon

Went there for the first time today. Excellent food and service. We will definitely be going there more often!!

bringitbig

Well Known Member
We have only done Rosy's for breakfast, but the meal, service and friendliness was great. Rosy herself visited our table and adored my boys. I'm referring to my two sons, nothing further!!!:lol:

nordoc99

I have to agree with brokenwave re: the service. Last time for breakfast waited forever, food was cold when they brought it , the waitress didn't bring syrup for the pancakes or condiments. We had to go ask for everything. Also never came around with coffee refills even though we were there for an hour. My girlfriend wouldn't let me tip and she complained to the owner. I will say though ate breakfast there many times in the past and the breakfasts were always good. Maybe caught them on an off day.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
I again tried Rosy's for breakfast in late May and found the food decent but the service was pretty slow and had to ask for refills.
Since there are many breakfast places that around, I will just have to find one I don't have a service issue with and tip for the good service. ( I am really patient by the way)
Xochilles in Cholla has always been consistent for me, especially since they moved into the new building.

GV Jack

Snorin God
You know what, Broke. I hear you about the service and all and have to agree in most cases.

From my own experiences, I like to go to Maria Bonita for breakfast once during my visits.
I sit on the Pallapa (sp) look at the beautiful water and could care less if the world stopped.
I like their Omlet Ranchero and the Torta Maria, with a Bloody Mary. The service isn't quick
and it's not too slow so I like it that way. Give me the view and let time stand still.

Life is too short. Eat the cake, icing first.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Ahh!! the view, Does make slow service bearable.
GV totally agree with your assessment of the situation.
Now if Rosy's had a ocean view, I wouldn't be complaining much.

Rob

First time we went, the waitress was rude but the food was outstanding. Prices were pretty high, but I would pay what I did in the states for a breakfast that good any day.

Second time I went alone, and the same waitress was friendly and the same food was just as outstanding. :)