Route to Ensenada MX

IggyAZ

Well Known Member
Considering a RV trip to Ensenada MX.
Can anyone tell me if this route from Tecata MX to Ensenada MX is reasonable safe?
Motorhome with tow car.
See map below - Blue route 2 to 201 to 1 to 1D

Map 1

corndog

Well Known Member
Forum Supporter
Considering a RV trip to Ensenada MX.
Can anyone tell me if this route from Tecata MX to Ensenada MX is reasonable safe?
Motorhome with tow car.
See map below - Blue route 2 to 201 to 1 to 1D

Map 1
Driving Route 3 ..flat land mostly and no potholes, we drove it in July of last year.. very little traffic until you are near Guadalupe, even then its not bad.. I don't drink but there are many excellent wine and cheese stores in the Valle de Guadalupe. https://web.facebook.com/bajaunitedgroup/videos/the-cheese-store-in-the-valle-de-guadalupe-is-a-must-stop-they-have-so-many-chee/959908231016903/?_rdc=1&_rdr We stayed in one of the cabins about 10 years ago here.. https://lascanadas.com/ If any of you have young kids and want to visit Ensenada or Valle de Guadalupe, this place was fun.. cookout and music Sataurday nights..

Last edited:

IggyAZ

Well Known Member
Thank you for the information.
Route 3 isn't any issue and more direct.
No Mountains passes, narrow roads. I will look at it more closely on Google Map.
Is some of the roads in this area MX Toll Roads?

We may stay North of Ensenada at The Baja Seasons RV Park or Clam Beach RV Park.
Anyone familiar with either?

Here is a better Map with location.
Tecate, Baja California, Mexico to Baja Seasons Resort - Google Maps

Last edited:

corndog

Well Known Member
Forum Supporter
Thank you for the information.
Route 3 isn't any issue and more direct.
No Mountains passes, narrow roads. I will look at it more closely on Google Map.
Is some of the roads in this area MX Toll Roads?

We may stay North of Ensenada at The Baja Seasons RV Park or Clam Beach RV Park.
Anyone familiar with either?

Here is a better Map with location.
Tecate, Baja California, Mexico to Baja Seasons Resort - Google Maps
Not a toll road, outside of Tecate there is 1 small hill..The rest is mostly flat.. Farms, camps and vineyards .. Highway 2 and 201 are loaded with toll booths Hwy. 5 more than likely also.. Here is a video of the drive backwards from Ensenada to Tecate...
Tecate libre, no toll..

Last edited: