Roxy's Tacos

InkaRoads

cronopiador
For all of you that loved Roxy's service and customer service at Mary's way back when she was there, now you can go and experience it her own place Roxy's Tacos, located in Calle 13 just past the traffic light on Encino (or the only traffic light in Calle 13) the second building next to the corner on the south side, it is yellow and has a couple of tables on the street , you can bring your own beer as she does not have her license yet, however the food was AWESOME!!!!! we had the family platter which was a combo of all they offer, carne asada, chicken and fish all made in a couple different of styles and with flavors that only Roxy's have!!!!
The fish was my favorite although the chicken was to die for, all and all for a great experience in taco flavors Roxy's is the place to go!!
Remember the old Dunas table dance place???????? Roxy's will be transforming it into a bar with live music of all types and dancing, I specifically ask for salsa as I do not know how to dance nortenas!!!

SWEET!!! Thanks for the heads up. I was wondering where Roxy would turn up when I stopped by the Mexican Beach Bum last week and was informed she was no longer there. My 2 labs love her as she always took great care of them @ Mary's.

marybna

I am going done Monday. Plan to go try Roxys. Do they sell beer yet. My favorite tacos place in the old Port turned me off last time. I saw them put stuff from plates back in the bowls they dish it up from. Ugh

mis2810

I am going done Monday. Plan to go try Roxys. Do they sell beer yet. My favorite tacos place in the old Port turned me off last time. I saw them put stuff from plates back in the bowls they dish it up from. Ugh
Care to name the place so we all know not to go there?

marybna

It was a 2 story place on a side street in Old Port. We found out about it on this site. We have gone there many times and it was great. I only saw this once. Next time I am down there I will ask the owner about it. Cuz it was great food.

mis2810

It was Viva Mexico, wasn't it? It's on the left side as you're looking up the hill from the fish markets. There is a pharmacy directly across the street. Damn, I love the food at that place! We tried to go there last Wednesday and they were closed-on vacation. That's how we ended up at Mary's.

marybna

Maybe it was a one time thing. Alot of of us have eaten there many times and no one but me has mentioned it. Who knowed what goes on behind the kitchen doors. Maybe I will give it another go this time. It was my husband favorite old port place.