Rp on gma this morning

Just got done watching Good Morning America's segment on the government warning people not to go to Mexico for Spring Break. At the end of the segment, it was stated that the warning is for border towns only but I think most people think of RP as a border town because it is so close. I felt like reaching through the damn t.v. and strangling them when they said that the warning didn't include places like Cancun and Cabo-why couldn't they have added RP??!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just another shot at an already declining impression of Mexico..............what a shame.

Add us to the list of people who feel completely safe in RP. We have one philosophy for traveling to and from RP (as well as staying there)................be aware of your surroundings and be cautious. We adhere to this no matter where we go--U.S. included. We don't take it to the point, however, of being paranoid to the point of always looking over our shoulders. We're there to take in the beauty of the place and it's people and will continue to do so come hell or high water.

On another note, my husband is still being a big "Nancy" about using our friends truck to bring our travel trailer down to it's new home at PDO. I'm trying to convince him that a notorized letter of permission will be sufficient, but he's still not buying it. I've posted this before, and got a couple of responses, but I still need help convincing him. Anyone???????????

I have been taking atvs, cars, trailers, race cars etc. for years to Mexico with only a notarized letter. A BS letter that I created and had my secretary notarize. I has been reviewed many times by the border guards and never have been questioned. In Mexico, a notary is a big deal and they totally respect a document if it has a notary seal.

J

Jamie75

On Fox 10 this morning they said the travel warning was for 3 Mexican states; DUrango, Coahuila, and Chihauhua. They also seem to keep leaving out that the Americans murdered were 'connected' to the US Consulate in Juarez. So it wasn't like the people were just driving down the road in Juarez and they were randomly picked off. It was a hit, for one reason or another, because of who these people were. My heart goes out to their families and their poor child who luckily was unharmed during the incident. I had been waiting for this warning since mid January. The state dept has a way of scarring the living crap out of American's RIGHT before spring break...it's happened so many times, I thought maybe it was a ploy to keep the money in the US!
As for the notarized letter...it works. Been doing it with cars/trucks/ATV's/jet ski's since the mid 90's. It was actually a Mexican insurance company that told me that was what was required to take someone elses vehicle over the border...

P

Penasco Pirate

Beachgirl... We will be heading down soon sans trailer if you would like me to pull yours down. I have a one ton that prolly wouldn't even know it was back there.

gyarbs

Jamie, I thought the same thing, wonder if its to keep all that money here???? Ill be at PDO this weekend starting Thur. morning, hope its a good weekend!!! Taking dirty bird III, so be down to naked beach alot.

J

Jamie75

One of good friends is going to be at PDO this weekend so I will probably be there! We are heading down Friday am...CAN NOT WAIT! Have a great weekend.