San JuanTrailer Park

A

azbeachboy

My Mom just called from R.P. The park manager just told her the park was closing to the public. They will respect some reservations in the near future.

Kenny

Well Known Member
Oh man Chuck, did you have any idea that it was coming so soon? I guess it's a end to a era and it's time to start a new one. :sunny: You must have thought about what you would do if, have any ideas or plans?
Dog gone, the trailer trash has become a bit part of the heart and soul of PP for a very long time now. No offense to the Coop owners, well maybe..LOL but the people with the Mobile's and the R.V's brought a kind of attitude, fun and smiles with them that a lot, but not all guy's, condo owners don't have. I think it's called character and hell, maybe even some style and grace. :sunny:
This is a picture taken by Chuck down by his place.

Kenny

Attachments

A

azbeachboy

I was going to go down this weekend but 36 hours of work in three days changed my mind. I was going down the first two weekend in Oct. and two in Nov. plus New Years Eve...I hope Thanksgiving is still a go.
Sandy Beach is so far away from where I hang out...
I've been on the Mirador for almost forty years!!!!

HAPPY

User is currently banned
Don't send that trailer trash over here, I think a better place for him would be the

"PIGEON COOPS", :lol: :lol: :lol:

ROCKO SAY, KISS, KISS, KISS, :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jeff

Well Known Member
azbeachboy said:
Sandy Beach is so far away from where I hang out...
I've been on the Mirador for almost forty years!!!!

You're never too old for change , Chuck! :lol:

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Sorry to hear that, Chuck. I know how much that place on the beach has meant to you. :cry:

A

azbeachboy

You can just call me spoiled. From what we heard the trailer park was going to stay one for a couple more years. I've been beach front for so many years. The last trip down I was telling my wife how lucky we were to have a $500,000 trailer spot for $35.00 a night. When I was a kid we had a rv in Playa De Oro then I spent many years camping at San Rafael. I bought a trailer in 2001 and went beach front. Its been wonderful, good weather or bad having that beautiful ocean to look at...

Attachments

joester

2 salty dawgs
as a relative newcomer to RP - 4 or 5 years - I have only stayed on the Mirador beach at PDO. of all the beaches I have seen around there - none seem as nice as that stretch from Mannys to the east - just beautiful.
It'll be a sad day when there are no places left on the beaches for rv's and their owners.
really looking forward to Thanksgiving - hopefully dinner is a little late - we'll be arriving early afternoon, has the menu been discussed yet?

jerry

Well Known Member
Hey Chuck/
So who is buying it? I've tried in the past to talk the las Dunas guys into doing a trailer area down by the fish camp but they put their bucks into a 3 building 3 story condo complex that hasn't taken off (one half finished building sits half sold...it is a good deal).A trailer park would have been a better bet as things have turned out.

A

azbeachboy

Jerry,
I really don't know. My Mom called me yesterday and she will be home on Tuesday or Wednesday. What I do know is Roberto the owner of the Granada Del Mar sold the lot for $1.4 million. The new owners wanted four million for the lot. If San Rafael sold, San Juan is priceless if they want to build on the property.
Just look at every project on the Mirador...Nothing is going on....

J

JustGiveMeSol

Azbeachboy....a while back when you posted that SanRafael had been sold, I checked with 2 friends who have permanents in the park...they didn't know anything about the sale. They went back and checked with the owner, who swore that the park had not sold. With the lack of construction activity in town, and a lack of financing, I wonder what is going on.....is it rumor (the sale of San Rafael and the closing of San Juan)....someone just playing with the "Trailer Trash", like the Pigeon Coopers????.....LOL....BTW, I own one of those Puerto Penasco Trailer Trash t-shirts!!!

Jim

Well Known Member
Chuck,
You can put your trailer in my yard if you want. No ocean view but always a bud light in the fridge and my wife is a good cook.

A

azbeachboy

My Mom told me both stories. She got her information form the park manager at San Juan. You have three big projects on the Mirador with no construction going on.
Jim,
Thanks for the offer.

A

azbeachboy

Its official San Juan is now closed. My Mom talked to the owners representative and he said "we can't afford to keep it open at $35.00 a night" Also before she left the water was turned off.
Anybody want to buy a 38' fifth wheel? I'll make you a good deal!

Attachments

joester

2 salty dawgs
so sorry to hear about that - was there no advance notice?
seems like they would honor any rental/lease agreements to the end of the year, but if the water is shut off, that's the end of it I guess.
please keep us posted. :( :shock: :? :cry: