San JuanTrailer Park

Jeff

Its also a smaller piece of property and the reef has alot more overhead.....
just sayin'..........

A

AZ Miguel

I can see why it couldn't stay open as it rarely filled up giving AZBB most of the park to himself. It basically has no other accommodations other then a shower and hookups. On the down side if you got one of the spaces next to the alley/street then you were up most the night wondering if you were getting your chairs and other goodies stolen or listen to Spanish music as some young thing was getting banged in the back seat ;) OK, the free show was on the up side :twisted: On the other side you had everyone walking past your space and eyeing your stuff as they jumped the wall\chain. No WiFi, Dirt lot, drunk security, no bar, no place to ride quads, trash cans always overflowing. What someone that's having withdrawals from the dump might look at is asking about dry camping at the same or lower rate?

J

JustGiveMeSol

azbeachboy said:
Its official San Juan is now closed. My Mom talked to the owners representative and he said "we can't afford to keep it open at $35.00 a night" Also before she left the water was turned off.
Anybody want to buy a 38' fifth wheel? I'll make you a good deal!
Did you keep it set up there all the time? There is still Playa d'Oro, and San Rafael, if that one stays open....there were rumors that Elegante might re-open for a while (until construction picks up in town....that's probably a couple years away!!!).

J

JustGiveMeSol

Ladyjeeper said:
The Reef also has storage, a store, a bar and don't they also own Puesta Del Sol?
I believe Puesta del Sol is owned by the Playa Bonita family...including the 2 hotels.....the Brown family owns the Reef....and all of the rest of the stuff that's been built there. I heard that they even put in the elevator in the Reef Restaurant just for the old man.....

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Oh yes, that's right, the restaurant is part of Playa Bonita. You know, the memory is the first to go. As Charleton Heston always says, "GETTIN' OLD AIN'T FOR SISSIES!" :lol:

InkaRoads

cronopiador
who? Charlton Heston? OH, my god I need a vacation too!!!
Chuck and Val, we are sorry to hear about the closure, we will still be neighbors? (brain fart,pheeeewit).
Well, it seems that PDO is still open and with all of the RV parks closing in Mirador it will be smart for them to stay open, I hope, since we just got a new home for the "Cove" :eek3:

A

azbeachboy

I'm going with my brother on Sunday to see what we can find on a permanent basis. It looks like I'll end up in the North 40...

Attachments