SANTANDER

Can anyone confirm if there are any fees if I use my Bank of American debit card to get pesos out of the ATM?

Bank of America says there "may" be a 3% fee.

There is no fee at the ATM itself but Bof A will charge you a fee. I think even after the fee, we got almost 18 to 1 so no big deal as far as I am concerned. I think is was around the 3% mentioned. This was 3 weeks ago. Take a bunch to limit the fees.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
I usually pay $3 when using an atm in Mexico and I have BBVA Compass but as someone said when you're getting 4000 pesos and you pay $3 for the transaction... no different than using an out of network atm in Phoenix unless it's at the strip club then you pay $10 per transaction plus the wad you just blew putting money down someone's daughter's panties...

On Tuesday at another bank, BaNorte, I withdrew 10,000 pesos and was charged 46 pesos,
Wells Fargo took another $5 for a combined total of approx. $8 or 1.4% in fees.
That is the fee regardless of the amount, so I always withdraw at least 8-10,000 pesos, to keep the fees minimal. I received 18-1.

Another transaction, My kids took out $60 and it came out to 16%. :eek: after I explained how it works all of my kid's
are wiser now and will only buy pesos from us or take out at least $200 to split up between them.:)

We are using pesos for 99% of all purchases now, mainly because of all the places giving 15-16 to 1,
and we are always getting 2-3 pesos more because withdrawing from a US bank will always get the latest exchange rate.

So I took out 1500 pesos this week at Santander. 17.74-1 exchange and 3% fee. So a little over 17-1 net exchange rate. Not a big deal for the convenience of it.