Santo Coyote at Encántame Towers

Buffalo Marty

Well Known Member
I know Encántame has been a controversial topic on this forum (to say the least LOL) but we were down last weekend and my neighbor mentioned that the Santo Coyote restaurant was already open and that he and his wife had a nice dinner there during the week. We have been to the original Santo Coyote in Guadalajara and had an amazing time there so we decided to check it out. (I was told that reservation is required so called on Saturday to make a Sunday 4pm reservation- for now it opens at 4pm, so dinner only)

As probably everybody knows, it is a bit of a hike to get there, probably a 25 minute drive from Sandy Beach. There is a large welcome arch and guard tower out on the main road (Caborca Highway) which we got waved through, and another guard shack when you arrive to the resort. We mentioned our reservation and were given some temporary bracelets.

We had a nice time, the restaurant is on the smaller side now but from what we were told I think it is a provisional location until the entire resort is completed- then it will move to a bigger final location. The service and food quality were fantastic- definitely on the pricey side for Mexico but I knew that going in so it was not a shock- it was about ~$100 for my wife and I and 2 kids, including a couple appetizers, dinner, drinks, and a healthy tip.

Based on what we saw, the middle tower is completely done and I was told people are already moved in or in the process of doing so. The east tower is still a skeleton but at first glance appears completely finished (height wise). The west tower looks to be just the base and has a skeleton for just the first floor or two.

Anyway, just wanted to give a quick report, we had a fun time. I have been mostly agnostic about Encántame; more than anything I hoped that the people who risked their money to get in at the beginning didn't get screwed over- so far, it looks like they must be very happy with their investment.

thumbnail_IMG_7953.jpgthumbnail_IMG_7957.jpgthumbnail_IMG_7958.jpgthumbnail_IMG_7961.jpg

Idyllwild

Well Known Member
We had a very similar experience when we went to Santo Coyote two weeks ago. Qualitatively it looks like many of the units that have been occupied are already available as short term rentals. It’s pretty quiet out there right now. Probably will pick up a lot for spring break.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
$16 burgers, Nope. Especially when you can get a 1/3lb cheeseburger with fries and a ice cold tap beer in a frozen mug
for $7 at Ricky's Beer across from Sam's Club. The wings are also pretty good.
Lot's of locals with a growing population of Americans too eating there.
My local buddy told me about it and we were pleasantly surprised.

GringoZona

Well Known Member
$16 burgers, Nope. Especially when you can get a 1/3lb cheeseburger with fries and a ice cold tap beer in a frozen mug
for $7 at Ricky's Beer across from Sam's Club. The wings are also pretty good.
Lot's of locals with a growing population of Americans too eating there.
My local buddy told me about it and we were pleasantly surprised.
Where exactly across from Sam's Club?