Sapporo !!

Roberto

Well Known Member
Ate last night at the new Sapporo location on Fremont, next to Capones. It used to be housed up the street across from Bumaye and recently moved to the old Garabaldi location.

I always thought is was only Sushi, which is OK in my book, but ate there last night to a huge surprise. An extensive menue of Japanese food. at lest 4 pages of menu. How was it? It was great. In fact we made a point to compliment the owner and the chef. The Sake was a bit pricey but what the hey, it was good.

They have redocorated the interior with an Asian motif and it's very comfortable and looks good. Ate outside on the patio, a little cool by the end of the evening, but very nice. I loaned the owner a book on Zen gardens as she is installing a small garden at the entry.

Yeah, I know it's not Mexican food, but the owner and the chef are so maybe that makes it Mexican and they do take advantage of the local seafood?

playaperro

El Pirata
Ate last night at the new Sapporo location on Fremont, next to Capones. It used to be housed up the street across from Bumaye and recently moved to the old Garabaldi location.

I always thought is was only Sushi, which is OK in my book, but ate there last night to a huge surprise. An extensive menue of Japanese food. at lest 4 pages of menu. How was it? It was great. In fact we made a point to compliment the owner and the chef. The Sake was a bit pricey but what the hey, it was good.

They have redocorated the interior with an Asian motif and it's very comfortable and looks good. Ate outside on the patio, a little cool by the end of the evening, but very nice. I loaned the owner a book on Zen gardens as she is installing a small garden at the entry.

Yeah, I know it's not Mexican food, but the owner and the chef are so maybe that makes it Mexican and they do take advantage of the local seafood?
I could swear capones is not on fremont.

Kenny

Well Known Member
never mind

Roberto knows it's on Sinaloa, he just had one of what Chari calls a " senior moment".:-D A least I think it was Chari, or was it what's his name?..never mind.:(

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
You are never going to let me forget that, are you? Even tho it happened to me the very next day? Remember what Charleton Heston used to say, "Gettin' old ain't for sissies!" At least I think it was Charleton Heston......:confused: LOL

Kenny

Well Known Member
Charleton???

You are never going to let me forget that, are you? Even tho it happened to me the very next day? Remember what Charleton Heston used to say, "Gettin' old ain't for sissies!" At least I think it was Charleton Heston......:confused: LOL
Good, then it was you, but who's Charleton.:wink:

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
Who's Charleston? :confused:
Charlton Heston....aka Charleston Heston....Ben Hur, Moses, etc.....NRA ....I must have had a really big brain fart, cause I also mispelled it, although the web shows both....Charlton and Charleston......

Last edited:

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Ha Ha Joe,
I went to look too, to see what the correct spelling is. It's Charlton, so I was wrong, too. I didn't see any reference to Charleston on my google.

Roberto

Well Known Member
:pinkie:Roberto sez: "Ate last night at the new Sapporo location on Fremont, next to Capones" Aiii Yiii Yiiii. I started out to say, the owner was working at the Sushi joint on Fremont, then opened a place on SINALOA, oh well ya all know now anyway. It was all Kennys fault . :pinkie:

Prices were as I recall, ahem, between 60 to 170 pesos.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Those prices are pretty good, if you consider that your plate is going to be at least double the size that any sushi place in Tucson at least. A couple of weeks ago I stopped at Sushi Sun and got out of there for under $14, had a huge plate and two tecates, and that included the tip too!!
If I remember correctly the plate had 16 pieces on it, here in Tucson your are talking about 30 bucks easy, I have not been at Sapporo since they open, it has beeen a while, I guess I have to go back soon!!

Last edited:

Kenny

Well Known Member
I know where that "Sushi joint on Fremont" is Roberto, and I thought you had that on your mind for some reason when you posted that above. I ate at the one on Fremont right after it opened, and I think I was staying at your place at the time. What I remember as much as anything about it was how long it took. No, it was not bait "Sushi" that I ordered.

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
I know where that "Sushi joint on Fremont" is Roberto, and I thought you had that on your mind for some reason when you posted that above. I ate at the one on Fremont right after it opened, and I think I was staying at your place at the time. What I remember as much as anything about it was how long it took. No, it was not bait "Sushi" that I ordered.
Kenny....if you're talking about the place next door to the Black Dog....it closed earlier this year.

Roberto

Well Known Member
Kenny....if you're talking about the place next door to the Black Dog....it closed earlier this year.

Correct, I don't think it was called Sapporo and what I heard was that it closed because the employees all left to open the Sapporo on SINALOA.:ugeek::deadhorse: