Sasabe

S

Submarine

I forgot what we discussed about entering through Sasabe before. Can you do it? (U.S. to Mex)
I'm not trying to avoid a border wait, just to make a more interesting motorcycle ride down to Rocky Point.
Anyone know the condition of the road that winds from Sasabe to Sonoyta? Is it all paved?

Jim

I have never been that way, but for what I understand, it is not paved and 4WD is recommended. I have also heard that alot of drug runners use that route. I don't have 1st hand experience. This is just hearsay.

B

bbcats

My neighbor returned from RP through that route about a month ago and said it was ok. He suggested having a good map as markings are not that great. Some dirt roads and a bit longer trip but no wait at the border.

S

Submarine

well everything but the dirt roads wouldn't be a problem. Crotch rockets and dirt just don't mix well!

Sasabe route is not a wise route. It is a huge drug and smuggling route. If you have any problems on the road, you'll most like end up dead or kidnapped.

jerry

Sub,
I've taken both routes,the altar-Sasabe 60 mile dirt toll road and the new highway you pickup just north of Saric Man that is a beautiful winding mountain road.
http://picasaweb.google.com/corvidsupply/SaricSasabee

No sissy guard rails.The first cross for a dead idiot on a motorcycle has already been planted.The problems start when you drop down on to the worst 15 mile dirt road I've been on in a while.There are 2 cattle guards with loose rails that look like they may be a trap when needed.The new pavement starts and stops the last 10 miles as you approach Sasabe.They are going to put in 5 bridges in the big washes before they pave the rest of it.I think I'd take the toll road(look for the burnt out vans just outside of town) at this time More people ,good dirt road and when you are broke down the narcos are more help than the one cow I saw on the Saric route. Just keep in mind the Mexicans are pissed about the immigration stuff now and hate Bush.Take your W sticker off the bike or die.It will be great when finished.It is 225 miles back to Tucson from Santo Tomas.It's 280 miles the Pigeon Coop route. E-mail me when you are going and I'll add the 2 pieces of key info you need to know before going this way.I'm pissed about all the good info we put on the other forum being destroyed by that sleazy condo rental dickhead.I don't know who tyler is but my bet is if someone wants to hide negative info posted on this forum and offers him 15 grand all this will go poof too.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: The pigeon coop route!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

But, Jerry, I gotta believe that some people can't be bought. And, that I will trust people until they give me a reason not to.....even if I lose sometimes...as I have.

The other forum was a great loss....the tribute to my friend, the saga on closing up my second home, all the info on fishing and where to stay and who has the best burritos. The best places to party. Even HAPPY!! Maybe Jherbison will give us that info back...maybe it's gone. I'm just glad we have somewhere to keep on keepin' on. Some of us were here before the condos and Kenny saw Cholla Bay being created by volcanic activity. :mrgreen: We were here first!

S

Submarine

Cool Jerry, still doesn't sound doable mostly because of the dirt, but maybe when they get it paved. I'd have to pre-run it first so if I do I'll give you a holler. This trip isn't until the last weekend of September.
Not worried about dying (you're dead, who cares?), or kidnapping (not wealthy), more about making the most of the time I have.

I think this forum will suffice for now. If it doesn't, I can always fire up Rocky Point Gone Wild and we can bash away for free. Cash wouldn't sway me but a fat line of credit at La Habanera might!

A

AZ Miguel

Submarine said:
I think this forum will suffice for now. If it doesn't, I can always fire up Rocky Point Gone Wild and we can bash away for free. Cash wouldn't sway me but a fat line of credit at La Habanera might!
YAHOO! lets check out what's behind the curtain! My logon still good?

S

Submarine

I let the site go but still have the related domains. I could probably combine it into my other site for the time being, but I time is a luxury I haven't had lately.

F

FIESTAFROG

If this forum goes, and you dont have the time. We always have the below forum. I dont wanna take away from tyler cuz all the hard work he's done. My forum doesnt have alot going on. Nobody says anything LOL. But its there for emergencies! :lol:

C

cactusamigo

Everybody has their price, and you can't blame someone for taking their money and run!