Satellite Internet access

Estero

Well Known Member
I've had the Exede internet Satellite service for a year now and it is great. The speed is fantastic and the service is very reliable plus they recently changed the monthly bandwidth limits to virtually unlimited. With that said my dish needs a minor alignment adjustment and I found a guy in San Felipe who will do installs so anybody north of town, Cholla, out towards the Mayan, Santo Tomas, etc. this is a very nice option. He'll be coming to Penasco in about a week or so to adjust my dish so I thought I would just throw this out there for anybody who has been looking at Exede for their Internet access as opposed to Telmex or Megacable.20140228_152420 (Medium).jpg

His name is Miguel at "La Frontera Satellite" 619.717.0810. or 619.428.4757

JimMcG

Well Known Member
I've had the Exede internet Satellite service for a year now and it is great. The speed is fantastic and the service is very reliable plus they recently changed the monthly bandwidth limits to virtually unlimited. With that said my dish needs a minor alignment adjustment and I found a guy in San Felipe who will do installs so anybody north of town, Cholla, out towards the Mayan, Santo Tomas, etc. this is a very nice option. He'll be coming to Penasco in about a week or so to adjust my dish so I thought I would just throw this out there for anybody who has been looking at Exede for their Internet access as opposed to Telmex or Megacable.View attachment 7320

His name is Miguel at "La Frontera Satellite" 619.717.0810. or 619.428.4757
I had never heard of Exede but I did find this link with many unhappy people. Perhaps it is better in Mexico.

http://satellitecomplaints.com/exede-reviews/

Estero

Well Known Member
Yeah some of those people aren't happy and clearly do not understand their plans. I had Wildblue before Exede for a number of years and Exede is hands down a better system. It was like going from a quad to a trophy truck in terms of speed. I run it 24/7 off solar and it will maybe go offline 2-3 times a year for an hour at the most. I have Telmex and Megacable as well in town and can say that the Satellite system is far more reliable.

Terry C

Well Known Member
Estero, did you ever use Miguel that is in Playa Encanto and Lajolla and down by you for Internet?

JimMcG

Well Known Member
Yeah some of those people aren't happy and clearly do not understand their plans. I had Wildblue before Exede for a number of years and Exede is hands down a better system. It was like going from a quad to a trophy truck in terms of speed. I run it 24/7 off solar and it will maybe go offline 2-3 times a year for an hour at the most. I have Telmex and Megacable as well in town and can say that the Satellite system is far more reliable.
Do you sign up in Mexico, or in the U.S. and bring the equipment down for it to be installed by a local?

Estero

Well Known Member
Estero, did you ever use Miguel that is in Playa Encanto and Lajolla and down by you for Internet?
No I haven't but I am familiar with his system. Basically a T1 from Telmex that is then segmented out to subscribers. We installed a Wide Area network using Meraki gear and the satellite as the backbone. This way it can serve 75+ people at any given time. Thus negating the need for individual monthly access costs.

Estero

Well Known Member
Do you sign up in Mexico, or in the U.S. and bring the equipment down for it to be installed by a local?
This Miguel is different than the Miguel Terry mentioned. Miguel at "La Frontera Satellite" 619.717.0810. or 619.428.4757 is an agent for Exede that specializes in doing installs in Mexico. It is very difficult to find Exede installers who will come to Mexico so the fact that these guys will is great.

Wood Spinner

Well Known Member
OK What kind of cost are we looking at and can I get this in Az. ?
I live in Casa Grande AZ, Show Low Az and in Rocky Point, Mex.
Can I use the same box as I move around and buy three antenas ?
How hard is it to self install the antenas. I do my own on Direct TV.

Miguel Exede

Hi Folks, my name is Miguel, the guy Estero is talking about. We now have a local installer which makes it more inexpensive to establish satellite internet in Puerto Peñasco. (Ramses). If anyone is interested please give me a call at (619)717.0810.We have an office in San Diego but have done several installs in Baja and surrounding areas. If you wish to learn more about the service you can go to www.exede.com and find out. We would also like to place a small ad in this forum and would appreciate it if anyone would give us information about this. Thanks!

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Another Internet option is:
IZZI Telecom - Phone and Internet service (10mbs+) is supposed to be coming to RP in 2016. 400 pesos per month ($26 dollars).
And they also offer HDTV service. They are expanding rapidly in Mexico and other places.
Looks like a nice alternative to Telmex.

If my place wasn't local to RP, Playa La Jolla, Santo Tomas etc. I would consider using Exede or Dish Sat. service.
But then I would have another thing to rust away.

Darlene Sadusky

Miguel,

Is there a way we can test the Excede product before purchasing? The reason I ask is I use VPN to connect to my work/job and I cannot get it to work with Telmex or Megacable but my husband that works for another company can connect with both no problem. We use different types of VPN clients.

Our thought was that my company is blocking by IP and since Excede provides a U.S. IP adress that it might work for our six month stays in Rocky Point.

We have researched options to get VPN to work with Telmex and Megacable and unfortunately have ran into a wall.

Hoping we can get Excede to work but just need a way we can test it before becoming a customer.

Thanks

JoseAz

Well Known Member
Darlene, here is something you can try.
I was having a problem with my business server being blocked by Telemex routing infrastructure in Hermosillo. A rocky Point tech came out to to our Las Conchas home, had me download AOL Desktop and log on before logging on to my email/server.
Evidently AOL is a trusted entity and is routed directly to their facilities in the midwest. I just tailgate ;-)

I'm no IT guru so my description is probably not technically accurate but I'm certainly able to connect now.

Both my wife and i can work with great access. Sometimes one of us has to log off is the other is downloading big files or if she's on a VOIP conference call but that's just related to the local bandwidth at any given time in Las Conchas.

Let me know if that works for you

Estero

Well Known Member
Hi Darlene, testing would be next to impossible due to the fact that you would have to have a system installed. But I can tell you that yes with Exede you will have a U.S. IP address. The other option is to use Witopia VPN personalVPN™ PRO here https://www.witopia.net/products/#matrix
It is $69.99 a year. I use it all the time with Telmex and Megacable and it works great and easy to use.

Darlene Sadusky

JoseAZ/Estero,

Thanks for the information and links.

We were hoping that the Excede dealer would have someone that is already setup or a site setup where we could test it for even a few minutes before actually singing up for it. If not we may go another route.

Estero

Well Known Member
I have it setup at my house at Estero Morua which is at the first estuary. You could try it there as the wifi is active. If you want to drive out there I could give you the password so you could do a test. Send me a message on here or email [email protected]

Darlene Sadusky

Estero, thanks the next time we are in RP in a couple of weeks we will contact you.

We appreciate your help and honest feedback as well.