Satisfied Frog

tortuga

Well Known Member
Went with group of 9 to newly opened Satisfied Frog at end of Malecon. Wonderful location and we had a great waitress named Nancy. Food was very good but it took over 30 minutes from when first person was served until last person was served. We are not a big drinking group but bottle beer seemed high at $4. Will give them another try with a smaller group after they get the kinks worked out.

wildtoucan

Well Known Member
We were there too with a small group and were not that impressed. It is a nice spot but for a grand opening it was very disorganized, we waited for drinks for quite awhile and even though they boadt a 16oz drink for $5, it was full of ice and i mean to the top. We too thought $4 @ beer was pricey...more than being in the usa. We were first quoted $3 but when when brought to table they were $4. We didnt eat,so cant comment on food.

El Gato

Well Known Member
We were there too with a small group and were not that impressed. It is a nice spot but for a grand opening it was very disorganized, we waited for drinks for quite awhile and even though they boadt a 16oz drink for $5, it was full of ice and i mean to the top. We too thought $4 @ beer was pricey...more than being in the usa. We were first quoted $3 but when when brought to table they were $4. We didnt eat,so cant comment on food.
I think their official opening is Feb. 14 and this past weekend was to get some of the bugs out of the system - need to have consistent pricing and better pricing.

mondone

Whitecaps
Gimmicky location and mediocre food quality in Cave Creek with USA prices for drinks won't cut it on the malecon.:rolleyes:

dons2346

Went there tonight and I have to say that this was the worst meal I have ever had in PP. There was a group of 10 and we ordered pizza and the ribs. The beef ribs were very short but had a good flavor but not really smoked, just a lot of sauce. The pizzas came out in a hap hazard fashion and they were either burned on the bottom or not done at all. The margaritas were small and did not taste like any margarita I have ever had. The music speakers sit on the floor right in front of dining tables making it impossible to converse at your table. As a former restaurant owner in Cave Creek, the owner needs to go back to the drawing board and come up with a good menu rather than loud music and mediocre food. We will not be going back and if things don't change, the frog will not be there next year. It is a good location but everything else ruined the dining experience.

tmotsinger

Eating Newbie Gringo Taco
Just came from there with HIGH hopes. Love the location. Always loved Ed's former products, and his son's place in Black Canyon City. A gorgeous Saturday afternoon, sitting above the water and watching the pelicans and trawlers.

What a gigantic bummer! My house guests and I were hoping to dine and sip cocktails till past sunset. Nope. Apparently, they don't sell food and drink there. It was only about 15-20 percent full, and it still took forever to get a single round of drinks. Took no food order and didn't refill the round. One staff member was folding clever T-shirts while no one was getting served. The waitress never showed up again until we had to finally track her down for the bill. We would have spent $200+ if we'd been served, but dropped $20 instead and bounced down the malecon, where there are great dining and drinking options with spot-on service--Boo, con Flavio, Beach Bum, Mary's.

I likely won't bring guests there again; it was embarassing.

SteveClark1000

We drove by Friday night. No place to park with all the locals hanging out in the plaza. Drove back to the fenced lot at the entrance to the Malicon and walked to Boo Bar.

mondone

Whitecaps
Hate to say I told you so, they are proven ultimate failures in the business. Go to beach bum or boo or Marys or sr amigos or especially blue Marlin if at the Malecon.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Amazing with more than a few great places on the Malecon, you better have good food/service and prices in place to wow your
new potential curious customers and keep them coming back.
Sounds like the frog is counting on reputation from days gone bye. And $4 beers, I don't think that will win anyone over.

Ed Chilleen

As one of the owners of the Satisfied Frog I want to apologize to anyone who had a bad experience on opening weekend. No excuses and we have fixed the opening problems.

Retire36

We,were there yesterday. In fairness they have a$2.00 beer so price complaints not valid. But service is bad, with limited command of English bad. Time to wait for beer then the check then get the one person on the register to take care of the waitress was stupid. Also watched "cook" bring pizza out of building to oven outside, pizza would not slide off tray to peel to slide in oven so he slid his hands under it and picked it up and put it on the peel. No gloves on hands and he picked something that fell off and ate it. Ed u need to have some serious training of the staff, you know better

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Gave it a try over Spring break, we ordered a large 14" pepperoni pizza $15-16, a medium 12" cheese pizza, 2 bottles and 2 drafts beers and 1 order of wings
and that came to $48. Pizza had good flavor but the crust was underdone especially for a high temp wood oven. Service was a bit slow especially since
there were on 3 tables occupied.
Conclusion, Pricey, OK-decent food, slow service. = Other places I will spend my money.

I also tried Beach Bum that week and it was pretty good with good prices and semi slow service.

Rob

For what it is worth, a friend and I went there in February and the bartender made the best tasting Long Island Iced Tea I've ever had. About the same price as a Long Island using a well mix in the states. Didn't eat there, though. I'll go back this weekend just for a drink.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
I would go there for a drink and maybe appetizers just for the view. It's just not in my top 10 places I would go to eat.

marjielovesmex

After Mermaids Market today we decided to try Crazy Eds for lunch. Have read the reviews here so were forewarned. Went anyway. Thought enough time had maybe gone by to have worked out the bugs. Only 2 tables already eating. Husband ordered wings and I ordered a hamburger. I even discussed with the very sweet waitress what came on the hamburger. Waited. Wings arrives timely enough, but sweet waitress looked at me in surprise and wondered if I had ordered anything!!! I said "hamburger". She was flustered, apologized, said it would be ready right away. Waited...waited..she brought me another beer...free, nice gesture...great but I really wanted my food. Waited. I ate half of husbands wings. Waited. Thinking that I have cooked lots of hamburgers in my life and it doesn't take this long. Finally arrived with nice waitress apology.. We took it to go. They really need to work on this. Food tasted ok, but service...??!!!! And they weren't even busy.

StevenHGreene

We were there Sunday, Ruthie is really trying to do her best. Very friendly and remembered our names from March 9. The problem is the management is not giving them the tools to do there job. Place was dirty windows are a mess, would have been a fantastic sunset, if we could have seen out of the windows. Ed you know better, its the little things that count. No management on site and again the staff needs some guidance and training.