Scanoeing las conchas

Thinking of taking my scanoe down to Las Conchas is that suicidal. The scanoe is 16'. I've never took a canoe into Mexico,so any tips or advise would be greatly appreciated. Plan on fishing close to shore.

Hey Flat..............

I wouldn't go out any farther or deeper than I could walk back to the beach with my head above the water.

BTW just what is a SCANOE????????????

JJ

That's about what I was thinking just a little better than fishing from shore. A scanoe is just a canoe that's squared off at the back with an aluminum transom for mounting trolling motor

received_1621368061247976.jpeg Thanks for info, trip was pretty good, took the 14' aluminum with trolling motor out about 100' ft from shore and anchored off las conchas yesterday. The trigger fish bite was great, used shrimp and I think mackerel on a drop shot rig, with freshwater spinning reels they put up a pretty good fight. Soon as weight hit the bottom we were getting bites. The waves were only about 1.5-2 ft. Anchored in about 8ft-10ft water. First time ever on salt water

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
View attachment 11812 Thanks for info, trip was pretty good, took the 14' aluminum with trolling motor out about 100' ft from shore and anchored off las conchas yesterday. The trigger fish bite was great, used shrimp and I think mackerel on a drop shot rig, with freshwater spinning reels they put up a pretty good fight. Soon as weight hit the bottom we were getting bites. The waves were only about 1.5-2 ft. Anchored in about 8ft-10ft water. First time ever on salt water

That's almost as calm as it gets. I've only seen a handful a "glass" days in my years of kayak fishing. I figure when it's like that, that's almost as good as it gets. Definitely enjoy those days for sure. Thanks for the post! There's some reefs out in front of some section of Unconscious so you could get something decent.

When we were down in mid-March the water off Pinto Point was glass for almost the whole week we were there.
My local buddy said it was like that for 2 weeks before we came down.
I don't think I ever saw it that smooth in all the time we've owned the house.

mondone

Whitecaps
We've had many weeks in the past of flat water all weeklong, at least every morning for several hours.

I have a 10 ft inflatable pontoon and use it almost every week. My pontoon is classed as a 4.5 rough water and I have no problem.
Going out is the easy part. It is when the wind or surf comes up and the landing can get tough. One thing I learned is when coming in and the boat starts to rotate and become paralel to the shore thereis a problem.
I found out from landing on my head that you can not paddle out of the problem but you must back paddle to stay straight.
I often go out a mile or one mile East or West from Playa De Oro.
Be safe , check the weather for tide, wind and swell size and time. When I go out I head in the direction that the later wind will help me back.