Screaming Deal 650k

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
This is a joke, right? I fail to see how a two bedroom casita like that (not even near the water) is worth $650,000. Plus, it looks kind of beat, no character, no landscaping. Somebody would have to have to have way more money than brains to buy this at that price!

playaperro

El Pirata
Word out on the streets here in Penasco is Tiger Woods bought it.

He rather go "Clubing" here in Penasco than Florida...

Anybody check out those new houses...I'd call them tract homes....just as you're coming into town??? I think the sign said they were around $19K USD....

Roberto

I call them garages...
I guess I find it a bit snobbish and insulting to hear them called garages. Unfortunately or rather fortunately for the Mexican people, those houses are practically the only ones within the reach of a working class Mexican family. If they have worked under social security they accrue an INFONAVIT account which gives them credit to purchase a home. The longer they have worked, the larger the credit. It does not begin to approach the average selling price of most of the homes that would qualify for INFONAVIT financing in Penasco. Only the white people can afford most of the homes. The average Mexican house in Penasco will not qualify, mostly due to construction problems. Yes they are small, yes they are packed in, but yes they can own their own home, a luxury for Mexicans. I've been in the colonias all around Sonora where you will see similar homes. BTW, Mexico has the highest percentage of owner occupied homes without mortgages is the world. Mostly because there is NO credit as we expect in the US. They build them a block at at time when they get some pesos. Mexican friends who have qualified to buy one of those 'garages' are very happy they are available.

playaperro

El Pirata
Infonavit Goverment Housing

Those are Infonavit In fon avit, The goverment lends money on those houses. You may be able to get in a of those for around 2K down.

playaperro

El Pirata
I guess I find it a bit snobbish and insulting to hear them called garages. Unfortunately or rather fortunately for the Mexican people, those houses are practically the only ones within the reach of a working class Mexican family. If they have worked under social security they accrue an INFONAVIT account which gives them credit to purchase a home. The longer they have worked, the larger the credit. It does not begin to approach the average selling price of most of the homes that would qualify for INFONAVIT financing in Penasco. Only the white people can afford most of the homes. The average Mexican house in Penasco will not qualify, mostly due to construction problems. Yes they are small, yes they are packed in, but yes they can own their own home, a luxury for Mexicans. I've been in the colonias all around Sonora where you will see similar homes. BTW, Mexico has the highest percentage of owner occupied homes without mortgages is the world. Mostly because there is NO credit as we expect in the US. They build them a block at at time when they get some pesos. Mexican friends who have qualified to buy one of those 'garages' are very happy they are available.
Only White People can afford most homes. HUH Don't you mean Norte Americanos...

Roberto

Roberto sorry if it disturbs you... it was only a reference to the size of the homes, not to belittle anyone...
Ja, ja, ja, yeah, "You live in a Garage, a place built to house a car not people, because you can't afford a real house". Perhaps just thoughlessness, but I think insulting and insensitive nontheless. Surprising coming from someone who says thay have lived here among the Mexican people for so long. Anyone giving sensitivity training in Penasco?