seeking medical assistance

don

Well Known Member
Just a word of caution to those who may seek medical assistance south of the border. I had a very good and close friend (Mexican, RP Resident) who needed a simple collonoscopy (sp). He traveled to a city a short distance for the procedure. He was in a great deal of pain and had a fever immediately following the procedure. They sent him home, telling him he needed to stop moving so much, and get rid of his fever. He went back 5 days later and lasted several hours in the hospital before he passed away. Reason for death, heart stoppage... Obviously all of us think they perforated his intestines and they were not prepared/or could not handle such an emergency. The procedure was done very cheap, but it cost him his life.
I've been brief to protect identities.

My Mother in Law had a similar incident here in the states, and same story, except that they (Doctors) immediately realized the mistake (she had a hard time breathing, pain/fever) and sent her right back into surgery and repaired the perforation.
Don

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
Sorry for your loss.....

There was a previous thread about getting medical care in Mexica, particularly Rocky Point.....where several people stated that the care was very good. I have a good American friend living there, married to a Mexican woman (who I aso consider a good friend), and they refuse to get medical care for anything other then simple things in town. They travel all the way to Obregon for anything major.

tyler

I like pie.
Staff member
I started one of those threads about medical care. Given I was only there for a jellyfish bite, but got awesome care.

I wouldn't trust them with anything major though.

B

bahiatrader

There's good and bad doctors and medical facilities in any country in the world. Unless it's an absolute emergency, it's best to get references first, even in the US.

Terry C

Well Known Member
Don was it Chalo from out in Playa Encanto?
Felizardo Chalo Godoy Lopez,"Chalo" (1956-2008). His wife is Berta

Terry C

Well Known Member
Don, not sure you you get my Playa Encanto news Letter or not.

Dear Playa Encanto Friends,

The following is the information and update we promised regarding Felizardo Chalo Godoy Lopez,"Chalo" (1956-2008). His wife Berta expressed many thanks for the sincere wishes and kind support from their friends in Playa Encanto. She and the kids continue to grieve for a husband, a father, a friend who was considered trustworthy and honorable by all who knew him. Not only is there loss emotional but economical as well. So, in an expression of thanks, sympathy and remembrance, a Wells Fargo Bank account has been established to help Berta and the kids with immediate and future expenses. The account number is #5993287142 and will remain active until November 20th 2008.

Thank you in advance for your donations. We are proud to be a part of this generous community.