Semper Fi

Brad47

Please take a moment out of your day to say a prayer for the United States Marines and other military units involved in the battle for Marjaf Afganistan. The Marines have started moving towards the town and the battle has started.

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
Brad, my youngest son was part of the first Marine artillery unit to cross from Kuwait in to Iraq in 2003. I watched it unfold on the internet and listened to the media refer to them being the targets in a "turkey shoot." ONE of the scariest days of my life, and one I will never forget. Their current offensive in Afganistan is just as scary. I will pray for them and their families! Semper Fi!

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
Thank you, HAPPY. From one who has benefited from other's sacrifices for our freedoms...and thanks for giving our Marines a ride! What ship were you on?

Brad47

Thank you Happy for your service and the sacrifices you made to ensure we enjoy the freedoms we have become accustomed to. My son is currently serving in the USMC, he is not part of this operation but has close brothers who are.

Last edited:

HAPPY

User is currently banned
M T ~~~ I was on the Aircraft carrier USS Oriskany CVA - 34 7th fleet from 1960 - 1963 ~~~ out of the pacific, we patroled all over the Orient, ~~~ the closest I came to seeing any kind of action was when Kennedy decided to go and teach ol Fidel Castro a lesson, ~~~ ( Cuban Missle Crisis ) ~~~ we were at sea off of Yokuska Japan ( home port over seas ) when the orders came in the middle of the nite, ~~~ ship went to G Q 24-7 ~~~ this happened when I was scheduled to be discharged, in about 6 - months, & I knew if it lasted, ships company would all be extended me included, ~~~ but ol Castro saw the lite & wanted no part of the Oriskany, & the 7 - destroyers & support ships that were with us, so he put his hands in the air, & it ended & and I got off the Oriskany after 3 & 1/2 yrs. ~~~ safe return to your son Brad, & the other boys over there, ~~~

Kenny

To all my brothers and sister's overseas. I wish them God's speed, and safely home.

Last edited:

jerry

Unemployed and broke (with a new baby) by nephew was forced to join the guard in Texas at 40 years old.Faster than you can say"Crusade"he is now gunslinging in some ****hole in Iraq,keeping one kind of religous nut from killing the other type of religious nut. I don't think protecting our freedoms plays into this mess. On the brighter side his kid now has health insurance.

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
Maybe it doesn't apply to your nephew, Jerry, but I know my son's reasons for joining in 2000, and I am certainly not going to belittle the actions of the hundreds of thousands that went before them...fact is they fought the fight and their sacrifices resulted in our having the freedoms we have. I, for one, appreciate that. I've been unemployed and broke with 3 little kids, and consider the consequences to be the results of my actions, not something I was "forced" in to.

Brad47

Unemployed and broke (with a new baby) by nephew was forced to join the guard in Texas at 40 years old.Faster than you can say"Crusade"he is now gunslinging in some ****hole in Iraq,keeping one kind of religous nut from killing the other type of religious nut. I don't think protecting our freedoms plays into this mess. On the brighter side his kid now has health insurance.[/QUOTE

Why was he "forced to join the guard" the guard ? Was it by choice or some requirement established by our goverment ?

For whatever reason they choose to serve in the service, they have earned the right to be respected by our country. If you pray, then do so. If prayers are not part of your life, then at least give them the respect they deserve.