September trip pics

richwi

Well Known Member
I live in Penasco (In Play Encanto) full time year round and still never tire of seeing great pictures of this wonderful place. Thanks for posting

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Is that legal? Especially from there? Forgive me, I'm a novice.
I think technically illegal to use any kind of cast net, hoop net, crab pot. Basically no netting but then again it's also illegal to own a long rifle and export narcotics... pry also illegal for the checkpoint that was north of town for 3 weeks... I guess the theme is. Do as you please.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Yes. That's my son and I in that pic. Took us a few attempts to get some bait, a bit out of practice plus the tide was heading out at the time.
We only take what we need and release anything that is not a sardine immediately. Best bait for surf fishing, been doing it for 40 years or so.

View attachment 17428View attachment 17429
You should have seen some of the horse Sardines we were catching last month on Sabiki rigs. I was cutting them into chunks like I was cutting a cucumber and they were seriously like mini-steaks these Sardines were so big. Seriously looked like little Bonita steaks. They looked just like those but absolute tanks... lol