Shift lever no neutral

Well, this should be the boat question for a while. It is all done and ready to lake test except !

The I/O shift lever will not pull out to allow higher RPM in the neutral position. I have had the handle off and I am sure it is something I did as it worked before. Is the bolt that holds the handle on supposed to be tight ?

HELP !

I also got my first order of hooks and leader from Capt. Harrys. When Edna saw the box her comment was " How much did THAT cost" My reply was that she didn't want to know ! End of conversation.
She is truly a great wife.

Thanks

Don't Worry Be Happy
Bill

B

bahiatrader

Without knowing what kind of shift it is, I'd guess it's in the throttle linkage. It's nice to have a one-in-a-million wife. Mine's a keeper too.

There has been no adjustment to the linkage, nor was it disconnected since I started the rebuild.
It is the handle itself that will not pull out and disengague the shift linkage inside the box.

Bill

Hi Don
I am in Show Low right now so it will be a couple of days until I can reply to your question.

We have just sold our Show Low home and only have about 10 days to get moved out so I am going to be realy busy.

Thanks Bill

Hi Don

I just got home and pulled the paperwork. It is all OMC. Part No. 982444 and 982445 are listed on the Install and operation book.

\Thanks Bill

Hey Don
I figured it out ! I had removed the handle in one position and when I replaced it it was off center.

I finely have it running and when I put it in gear it was way forward of vertical. I set the handle where it was running properly, out of gear and turned off the eng.. I then removed the handle and replaced it in the vertical position and now it works fine.

I have always been a wood worker but this boat is going to make me a mechanic.

Don't Worry, Be Happy
Bill

don

Great Job Bill!
I always take along tools when I head out, just as important as my fishing gear.
don