Shoot out

F

FIESTAFROG

My friend who lives in RP called me yesterday to tell me that there was a shoot out in town. He said the police were racing around all afternoon then in the evening, he heard about 20 to 30 shots fired. He said the rumor was about a drug family in RP but he doesnt know for sure. Anyone heard anything? He said it sounded like by the Municipal building or even the Malicon.

Jim

I doubt it. I talked to one of my cop buddies last night and he did not mention anything about it. I am sure he would have said something if it was real. I will check with him today and report.

F

FIESTAFROG

Jim, let me know what you find out. I now have 3 people say they heard the shots. Some are gossiping about mexican drug family and the cops? Would like to get some actual facts

Jim

I was out with some preventiva and transito guys last night until almost 3. Went by the comandancia today to say hi. Said they had no idea what I was talking about...

C

cactusamigo

There is more than enough of the real stuff going on without anyone making up stories.

ernesto

Hey Jim, what do the guys you ride with say about the latest surge in popularity of shaking down tourists for mordida? Like the Jackass that works the dirt over by Playa Bonita.

F

FIESTAFROG

Thank you so much. Im feeling alot better! Here is how I got my info and it might explain a bit. My friend who is retired and lives in the Mirador by me, and drinks alot, said the cops were driving all over looking for something then later heard about twenty or so shots. It would make more sence that it was fireworks. What concerned me was another nieghbor heard it also.

Thanks for your input and keep up the search for info! PS I wish I could find a way to become better friends with the cops. The shake downs are getting more frequent and more expensive! I think they are going to run the tourist away faster than the crime will!

Jim

Same as has been stated here before. They know that it goes on but the only way to stop it is to report it. Always get the number of the car or truck and go to the comandancia. They do take it very seriousely. They don't get paid very well and it can be tempting but it is illeagal.

C

castaway

thanks for the info on the shakedowns...my wife and I will be turning our smiledials to high and reducing the amount of cash in our pockets while driving or visiting town.