shore fishing this weekend

ckyevanjay

Well Known Member
Will be down in las conchas Fri-Mon. COVID cancelled our 7 day June trip so we are very excited to get down there for a short trip and be able to get some fishing in. Ive never been down in October so we will see what the fishing has to offer. Updates to come!

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Will be down in las conchas Fri-Mon. COVID cancelled our 7 day June trip so we are very excited to get down there for a short trip and be able to get some fishing in. Ive never been down in October so we will see what the fishing has to offer. Updates to come!
The fishing is finally starting to pick up as it starts to finally cool off. The ocean is still around 85 degrees. I've seen a couple of
people fishing from shore the past few days, I saw a couple of rock bass brought in.

ckyevanjay

Well Known Member
Thanks for the heads up!! Looking at tides4fishing and Friday and Saturday looks to be the best days can’t wait.

estevan

I was catching corvina from shore about two weeks ago. I fished right around sunset until it was too dark to see using my fly rod and a black clouser minnow. I did that 3 nights in a row with only the last night being slow. You will know if the fish are active or not. They'll be jumping all over the place if they are. Just watch out for stingrays and seaweed.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
I was catching corvina from shore about two weeks ago. I fished right around sunset until it was too dark to see using my fly rod and a black clouser minnow. I did that 3 nights in a row with only the last night being slow. You will know if the fish are active or not. They'll be jumping all over the place if they are. Just watch out for stingrays and seaweed.
That's good to know. Thx I need to try at sunset, 10AM doesn't cut it.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
I saw 4 local's fishing on the rocks during high tide around sunset last night for 1 hour, they broght in 1 fish.
I spoke to my project guy and he said for the past 2-3 weeks he's caught a few Corvina on the rocks east of my place
at Pinto Point.

ckyevanjay

Well Known Member
Fished the low tide yesterday and got blanked. Few hits but water was choppy and sea weed galore While getting beat up by the waves. Waiting on high tide this am but already fished a bit and lots of needle fish following my lure but no action yet.

rplarry

Well Known Member
My local buddy said, no corvina yet, water is still pretty warm. Soon.
From April to end of November, Corvina are always around. Just depends on where.

We were down a couple weeks ago and fished 3 times over 3 days. Crushed the Corvina in spurts, sometimes hooking into them 4-5 casts in a row. Then, totally shuts off and nothing. Figured chasing bait fish and moved on.

They are definitely being caught, and they averaged larger per fish than in the last few years, with a couple absolute pigs.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
From April to end of November, Corvina are always around. Just depends on where.

We were down a couple weeks ago and fished 3 times over 3 days. Crushed the Corvina in spurts, sometimes hooking into them 4-5 casts in a row. Then, totally shuts off and nothing. Figured chasing bait fish and moved on.

They are definitely being caught, and they averaged larger per fish than in the last few years, with a couple absolute pigs.
Where