Snow possible in Penasco Monday morning

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Going to get pretty cold, WU is saying a chance for snow showers Sun night and Monday AM. If it happens take some pictures. Sad for those who don't have decent housing and heat. The will be lines at the propane stations.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
I saw it snow there in 1986-87, crazy cold and many broken water pipes. Just flurries but Mtn's in Baja were just covered. Please take Pic's.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
I saw it snow there in 1986-87, crazy cold and many broken water pipes. Just flurries but Mtn's in Baja were just covered. Please take Pic's.

I have always wondered if the Pinacates ever get snow during the winter time. Aren't the top peaks 4,000 feet?

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
4200 feet above sea level, if it snows here they will get it, if they get it, I will photograph it.......I dont see it getting that cold this weekend but I have been wrong before.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
In NE Phx and Ftn Hills snow showers are forecast. According to WU it will be 33 in RP Mon AM. It snows at 36ish degrees. If it coats Baja please shoot a pic in AM for front lighting set camera to fine quality, somebody posted a pic from last year, even just looking at it on a monitor it was terrible, I think camera was set for 72dpi. I was to be in RP tomorrow for 3 days of Astro viewing, but my brother wimped out because of the cold, cloudy and real windy as well. I have pic's from 20+ years ago somewhere. Russ, I owe you a beer, one of these days we will meet, I have seen you in JJ's a couple of times. Thx again.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
I'm always ready for a beer or 2 but right now I have my blankets on and thinking about turning on the heater so maybe wait for January Jam for the beer ........we'll meet up I am sure

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Awww! The fishyies are playing in the snow. LOL! Nice catch. The possibility of snow in RP and N. Phx disappeared from the forecast. Just going to be really cold and breezy in RP.

badfish

Well Known Member
I'm always ready for a beer or 2 but right now I have my blankets on and thinking about turning on the heater so maybe wait for January Jam for the beer ........we'll meet up I am sure
I am going to keep an eye out for you at the show . I have never met you and like would to . Sorry in advance if I look like I'm part of the bar stool rodeo . ; )

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Awww! The fishyies are playing in the snow. LOL! Nice catch. The possibility of snow in RP and N. Phx disappeared from the forecast. Just going to be really cold and breezy in RP.

Born and raised in NE Phoenix near the PHX mountain preserve and there are areas that can dip down into the high 20's when Phoenix gets these freeze warnings. I used to work at the golf club at Kierland and also Orange Tree golf resort and at both courses we would get mornings like these down to 28 degrees.

GV Jack

Snorin God
24.7 @ mi casa Green Valley this AM. Supposed to be worse tomorrow.

Glad I'm not paying $3500-$4000 a month to come here for this.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
22.1 in my backyard in Tempe at 7:45 this morning. BRRRRRR!!!! The hummingbird feeders were frozen solid! I had a burner going under my tangelo tree all night and a heat dish under my Mex lime; hope they make it!!

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Ok, so how was it this morning? Any snow?
It's cold enough but there was barely a cloud in the sky. The sun was shining all day and it looked great from inside the house, but when I had to go to town I had to go outside. It is dang cold! Its the first time in 2 years since 2010 that I needed to turn the heat on.

Last edited:

Esperanza

Well Known Member
It's cold enough but there was barely a cloud in the sky. The sun was shining all day and it looked great from inside the house, but when I had to go to town I had to go outside. It is dang cold! Its the first time in 2 since 2010 that I needed to turn the heat on.
Thanks for the update Russ!