Solar panels and tying to CFE

PintoPoint

Well Known Member
I am installing a solar panel system and want to tie it into CFE to offset my bill. Same as they do in the US. Does anyone know if CFE allows this? I don't want a battery bank to take care of.

Rick

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
I am interested in the same thing. In the states my father in law back feeds to the grid. He was explaining to me that there are several controls that need to be established otherwise you could be held liable in the event of , say SRP needs to maintain the line and they shut the power off to that area so they can safely work on the dead line but you have a back feed going in that they don't know about and someone gets killed because they thought it was dead but in reality it is still alive. This is just one issue to deal with. CFE would definitely need to be involved in this situation to mitigate this possibility.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Rick, talk to engineer Marte Rodriguez. 6383864376, he knows what you need to do to connect, CFE, after the panels are ready will come out and put a new spin backwards meter on the house for you.. I talked to him a few months ago about it, after I read they were allowing it. He has been a friend of mine for 20 years..You may even know him, he works alot in Cholla..

PintoPoint

Well Known Member
In further research I need to purchase a digital electric meter. This meter shows your usage and your production. CFE sells and installs this meter. I also learned that you need to purchase panels that supply the proper voltage. The panels from the US will not necessarily work in Mexico. I want it install a small propane generator instead of using a battery bank.

PintoPoint

Well Known Member
Rick, talk to engineer Marte Rodriguez. 6383864376, he knows what you need to do to connect, CFE, after the panels are ready will come out and put a new spin backwards meter on the house for you.. I talked to him a few months ago about it, after I read they were allowing it. He has been a friend of mine for 20 years..You may even know him, he works alot in Cholla..
Thanks

Terry C

Well Known Member
I had this on my Playa Encanto web site for when we got electric installed several years ago. Gary did a lot of work in Encanto and still does.
[email protected]

We are a legal solar company located in Cholla Bay for 37 years. We know the Bi-directional meter hook-up's. We know what will work and what you need to tie in with the utility power. We can get your old OutBack inverter up graded to work. Install your new Grid Tie Inverter. We use the correct color and AWG wire and wire to U.S.A. wiring codes from your solar modules to the inverter and to the meter box. All generator transfer switches as needed. Send us an e-mail and we will give you a free in home evalation of your solar system. Phone 638-100-9698 or Fax 638-382-5009 Gary & Griselda Koehler

PintoPoint

Well Known Member
I had this on my Playa Encanto web site for when we got electric installed several years ago. Gary did a lot of work in Encanto and still does.
[email protected]

We are a legal solar company located in Cholla Bay for 37 years. We know the Bi-directional meter hook-up's. We know what will work and what you need to tie in with the utility power. We can get your old OutBack inverter up graded to work. Install your new Grid Tie Inverter. We use the correct color and AWG wire and wire to U.S.A. wiring codes from your solar modules to the inverter and to the meter box. All generator transfer switches as needed. Send us an e-mail and we will give you a free in home evalation of your solar system. Phone 638-100-9698 or Fax 638-382-5009 Gary & Griselda Koehler
Thanks,

MIRAMAR

Well Known Member
There are 2 people in Miramar that I know of who have this and love it. We're looking also as it makes sense because we aren't there all week just on weekends

PintoPoint

Well Known Member
There are 2 people in Miramar that I know of who have this and love it. We're looking also as it makes sense because we aren't there all week just on weekends
I am looking into wind turbins because my home is in pinto canyon and there is always wind. I am looking at the vertical turbines but there seems to be mixed messages on how much noise they make. I can get a 1700 watt for 550 and that is would take the place of five panels at around 300 each.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
I am looking into wind turbins because my home is in pinto canyon and there is always wind. I am looking at the vertical turbines but there seems to be mixed messages on how much noise they make. I can get a 1700 watt for 550 and that is would take the place of five panels at around 300 each.
If you choose a wind turbine, try and not mount it, to a wall or concrete roof, just the vibration alone will drive you crazy... I put about 10 of them up in Lopez on poles a little bit away from the houses or above the garage, the others that installed them on poles over they're living areas or to the wall of a living area, weren't too happy...Its just a god awful hum, that wont quit..the turbines themselves are fairly quiet..When, I started in Lopez, 1700 watts in solar panels would have cost over 10,000.00 dllrs or about 6 dllrs a watt and wind turbines then were 1.00 a watt,,the turbines we put up were 500 to 600 watt turbines and cost 500 to 600 dllrs... so now wind turbines are around 30 cents a watt.. 1700 watts for $550 dollars is a steal...

Last edited:

PintoPoint

Well Known Member
If you choose a wind turbine, try and not mount it, to a wall or concrete roof, just the vibration alone will drive you crazy... I put about 10 of them up in Lopez on poles a little bit away from the houses or above the garage, the others that installed them on poles over they're living areas or to the wall of a living area, weren't too happy...Its just a god awful hum, that wont quit..the turbines themselves are fairly quiet..
I am designing a rubber isolation mount for them. When you google them you get information that is all over the map. I am concerned about my neighbors. The wind is always blowing some time during the day in Cholla.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
I am designing a rubber isolation mount for them. When you google them you get information that is all over the map. I am concerned about my neighbors. The wind is always blowing some time during the day in Cholla.
Thanks Rich, Your fellow neighbors and I who are on Pinto Pt. will appreciate you doing that :)
There are times during late July-Sept where the wind will just die for days on end and everyone in RP prays for it to start back up for
a bit of relief from the heat and humidity.:eek:

Estero

Well Known Member
Link for the wind turbine you mentioned?