Some thoughts on Puerto Penasco.

Old55

I usually just see it as I drive by but was killing time there for a couple days and really enjoyed the experience . The carnival next to Mannys is a must for photographers and lovers of all things retro.
The Kaffe Haus was great.It might have been the best Latte I have been served in 10 years.

Puerto Penasco answers the question “what would a town without enforced zoning laws look like” the answer is a sort of lovable mess.
I also found people to be really helpful and less guarded that my Cochise county neighbors by a mile.

I really liked the little modern/minimalist The Cove boutique hotel just up from Manny’s .
The owner couple ( she is from RP but years in Phoenix where they raised the kids) came up with the concept of a no TV’s ,no pets , no kids and guests over 21 when they started thinking what a getaway would look like they would want to stay at.

Capones is good too.

Last edited:

mondone

Whitecaps
I usually just see it as I drive by but was killing time there for a couple days and really enjoyed the experience . The carnival next to Mannys is a must for photographers and lovers of all things retro.
The Kaffe Haus was great.It might have been the best Latte I have been served in 10 years.

Puerto Penasco answers the question “what would a town without enforced zoning laws look like” the answer is a sort of lovable mess.
I also found people to be really helpful and less guarded that my Cochise county neighbors by a mile.

I really liked the little modern/minimalist The Cove boutique hotel just up from Manny’s .
The owner couple ( she is from RP but years in Phoenix where they raised the kids) came up with the concept of a no TV’s ,no pets , no kids and guests over 21 when they started thinking what a getaway would look like they would want to stay at.

Capones is good too.
Ditto on all except for the Capones part!