Spring Break

A

azbeachboy

Now that it looks like I can go, are any of you going? I'm going the weekend of the 20th.

Spring Break will pretty much be over by then....

One of the Universities (not sure if it's U of A or ASU) has there's starting the 7th, while the other 2 have it starting the weekend of the 14th. By the 20th, the college kids will be out of money and gone, and so will the "wannabees"...the high schoolers!!! Then who are you going to give those beads to??? :lol: :roll:

A

azbeachboy

Spring Break Dates for some Universities:

ASU (Arizona State University): March 7th - March 15th (2009)
U of A (University of Arizona): March 14th - March 22nd (2009)

NAU (Northern Arizona University): March 14th - March 22nd (2009)

San Diego State University: March 30th - April 3rd (2009)

University of New Mexico: March 14th - March 22nd (2009)

New Mexico State: March 14th - March 22nd (2009)

Quick links:
It looks like a Spring Break weekend to me. I went down for both weekends five years in a row. The second weekend was always the best. I sold more beads, Baja Cantina was packed and the strip looked like Mardi Gras. I quit going on the lame first weekend last year. Take this from the "man on the street"!

With the overlap, the middle weekend should be the best!

Selling the beads??? I thought you were trading them for "photo ops"???? LOL

I'm wondering how much activity there will be this year. Was down over President's Day weekend, and Playa d'Oro was somewhat busy, but the whole Miramar strip was dead. Even the locals didn't come out on Sunday night (parked cars, drinking on the street)! The Malecon was not that busy during the day. Pink Cadillac was closed the entire weekend.

Although the smaller crowds didn't help at the border....took almost 3 hours to get across later Monday evening.

A

azbeachboy

I sell my beads to the vendors and bars. That way I get mine for free!