Sr. Cornejo, the one armed baker man

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I just found out that Sr. Cornejo passed away last summer! :cry: I went over there in October to get his yummy still warm bolillos but they were closed. I just figured they were on vacation or something. I have been getting my bakery items there since I was a child. RIP Sr. Cornejo. Vaya con Dios.

A

azbeachboy

Val went by on Thursday to pick up some bread for the party and he was closed, now we know why. We were talking about him on Thanksgiving. He will be missed...

He, his shop and his parrot have been an icon of rocky point for us for 28 years. I know that he had closed but did not know he died. Yes he will be missed. Best orejas in town.

rikyt

He made the best custard filled cones I have ever eaten. He called them "Conos" and that was when he was located in the old port a few streets back from the fish market. The first time I found him was in 1979. We will miss him. :|

dwig222

A couple of years ago I heard his family took over the bakery at another location. Does anyone know if they are still open and how to get there?

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I'm so sorry Dwig, I forgot to post it. Now I ca't find it. The lady at Abarrotes El Puerto up from the malecon on the corner across from The old liquor store is related to them. She can tell you. U'm gonna go ask her T-Day weekend for myself.....

tortuga

Panderia Cornejo is owned by Senor Cornejo's son. From Fremont go north on Sinaloa to the four way stop where the veggie man used to be, go right about 6 or 7 blocks to the stop sign just past a grade school on the left. Turn left and go one block, turn right and it is about 3 blocks down on the left. They put everything out between 10 and 11 each day.

dwig222

Panderia Cornejo is owned by Senor Cornejo's son. From Fremont go north on Sinaloa to the four way stop where the veggie man used to be, go right about 6 or 7 blocks to the stop sign just past a grade school on the left. Turn left and go one block, turn right and it is about 3 blocks down on the left. They put everything out between 10 and 11 each day.
Perfect directions! Found it with no problem. It was packed with locals and everything was delicious!