Story on Rocky Point violence

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
From my perspective it would have been nice if the reporter would have given his personal take on things, you know his experience of his trip. First hand knowledge is always the best way to tell a story. Then we wouldn't need those pesky cheerleaders.....

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
From my perspective it would have been nice if the reporter would have given his personal take on things, you know his experience of his trip. First hand knowledge is always the best way to tell a story. Then we wouldn't need those pesky cheerleaders.....
Too many "reporters" are giving their "opinions" rather then "just the facts"!

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
He's a "reporter"....reporting the "experiences" of those he interviewed......if he gave us his "experiences"...it would become his opinions....

Every news report I see on TV has the "reporters" using voice inflection and body language to give us their "opinion"....

And that's MY "opinion", and I'm sticking to it!

beachlover56

Stuck in the Midwest
Thanks for posting the article - not sure I would have seen it otherwise. It's interesting to read the comments (there are just four so far).

playaperro

El Pirata
Personally I don't think the places he was told to go are go to places to get the real story. Latitude has been dead for years, should of gone down to the malecon and hung out
instead of wasting time in a bar. Now for a real experience I would of guided them in the right direction!

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
Personally I don't think the places he was told to go are go to places to get the real story. Latitude has been dead for years, should of gone down to the malecon and hung out
instead of wasting time in a bar. Now for a real experience I would of guided them in the right direction!
Guau Guau's???????

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
"If someone's a nervous wreck being here, let's not convince them to come here," she said. "I believe we can flourish by attracting knowledgeable travelers who've done their homework."

Rosie- I give you a great big :gradea: for the little pearl of wisdom above.

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
Totally disagree with this, It's not about people who travel here, it's also about people who live here and they were left out!
Huh?

The subtitle of the article says:

[h=6]Residents see it as the safe beach haven of always despite sporadic crimes that have spooked tourists[/h]
So, what are you saying, that more/other residents should have been sought out to offer their point of view that Rocky Point is a violent, dangerous hell-hole in order for the story to be "fair and unbiased"...?

I didn't see where Rosie's point of view was paraded as the "only" point of view that ALL Rocky Point residents should have.

The article was angled toward tourism... after all- it appeared in a TUCSON newspaper.

playaperro

El Pirata
It's not about the article it's about your grading system that I totally disagree with...

Last edited:

Wood Spinner

Well Known Member
I find it very tough to think that any one who lives in Phoenix would consider Rocky Point more dangerous than their home.
Just listen to the news or read the paper. Every day gun fights, home invasions, murder, rape, police officers in gun fights with the bad guys, bank and business robberies, muggings and how many more things that are bad but not bad enough to hit the media. Bad seems to be the norm there.
As I have said before " I feel safer there than in Phoenix "
VIVA PUERTO PENASCO WE WILL BE DOWN NEXT WEEKEND TO SET UP FOR THE WINTER.

jerry

Well Known Member
wood Spinner I think the worry is if something bad does happen who has your back.In Caborca a police woman that I have been helped by was shot last week under cloudy circumstances.Can you trust the police in a country where A convoy of gunmen can drive 100 miles without being stopped?

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Thanks for posting the article - not sure I would have seen it otherwise. It's interesting to read the comments (there are just four so far).
here it is the proof that other states do not get the over the top articles we get in AZ, in the 3 years I had the shuttle service that was my experience, most if not all of the tourists that I took to RP did not hear or read articles like this one unless it was from a newspaper in AZ or CA

jerry

Well Known Member
here it is the proof that other states do not get the over the top articles we get in AZ, in the 3 years I had the shuttle service that was my experience, most if not all of the tourists that I took to RP did not hear or read articles like this one unless it was from a newspaper in AZ or CA
E. you say "had" the shuttle service. I hope it is still running.