Street Tacos

I was wondering where you guys think the best street tacos are in town? I always stop at the little taco "trailer" outside the pottery/liquor store in sonoita (Can't think of the name of it right now). I am bringing a couple people down for their first time and want to find some good places in RP for street tacos.

Also, any that are open late!

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
I do know where they all are, there are many. Do you want daytime or night time stands as they are different. Steak or Pork or chicken? I can provide you with maps and everything

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Tacos Brissa are one of the best if not the best, but then again that is up to each individual's opinion, they are located at the southwest corner of sinaloa Ave and Melchor Ocampo, across from OXXO and the hamburger place, they open early and close late

I think Asadero Sonora is no more. My understanding is the owner was the one murdered and burried along the road to Sonoyta. They had the best tacos california with a fresh roast chile, asada and cheese. The sonoran potatoes were my dad's favorite. Sorry they are gone.

Last edited:

InkaRoads

cronopiador
If you get to the border after noon or so you can stop at El Zarape, in Sonoyta, instead of going left at the junction of the roads down the hill at the circle K go right, it is across from the circle K, big sign they are good and have a sonoran potatoe to die for!!

A

adcs

I love vaca chenta for breakfast and dinner they have the best birria in town. I also love tacos marin located on domingez they have really good vampiros.

MIRAMAR

I second the recommendation for El Serape in Sonoyta. Abel the owner is extremely friendly and the tacos are the best- bigger and much better than the stand in front of Vasquez, or any I have found in Penasco. The baked potato stuffed with cheese, chilies and shredded beef are wonderful also.
I don't think he would mind me telling this- his mother died when he was young, and as the eldest of 6 or 7 siblings, he had to cook for the family. He said business has slowed down since the coastal highway came in but he is always friendly and the quality is still excellent. By the way, his youngest brother Abraham is the partner with Chef Mickey of Mickey's Place.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I'll drive over there to the new place next time I get down and see if they are closed up. I watched them build that stand next to the railroad tracks back in '76. I wonder how many tacos and bowls of beans I have eaten there over the years......And, I wonder whatever happened to Angel with his thousand different cachuchas.......Oh, the memories......

A

adcs

There is a really good stand for cabeza tacos it is right across from 3 hermanos shoe store off of melchor ocampo. I forget what it is called , but it's just a small stand and you know it's good when all the locals are there.

B

bahiatrader

When Tammy and I first started traveling in Mexico we found that the best taco stands were the ones that had customers. The locals usually know. That's where we learned to eat fish tacos. They didn't sound very appetizing until we tried one.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

bahiatrader

When Tammy and I first started traveling in Mexico we found that the best taco stands were the ones that had customers.. The locals know. Fish tacos didn't sound very appetizing until we tried one. We almost turned away from a stand that only served fish tacos until a local encouraged us to try one. Now they're a favorite.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

bahiatrader

I didn't really mean to post this twice. Early morning clumsies.