Taking Goods From Mexico Into US?

Rhino

I have taken plenty of stuff into Mexico from the US but not the other way. Now I would like to bring poured concrete products from Penasco to my home in the Phoenix area. I would appreciate any intelligence of what I am going to encounter at the border in terms of documents necessary and costs. I would like the process to be as painless as possible.

jerry

Depends on the amount..start small...under a grand....you are doing a good thing supporting local artisans

Last edited:

Roberto

When I moved here I brought down some stuff from New Mexico. Couple of Cochiti drums, some mandalas, rugs, other stuff. I took it back across to sell and was concerned about the border crossing. Told the guy it was stuff I took down to Mexico, he said "returning goods" and told me to pass. I said (Stupidly I know) how can you tell. He replied "We know".

Rhino

Thanks, guys for the input. All the items will be from the same vendor but different pieces (benches and tables) and some (fences) which will be assembled by a mason in Phoenix. Will I need a receipt, actual or otherwise?