tankless water heaters

Discussion in 'General' started by fatboyharley, Jun 18, 2018.

1. fatboyharley

fatboyharley Well-Known Member

I can not find the thread but I thought there was there had been a discussion about tankless water heaters. Does anyone have one and are you happy with it? Is it holding up to the water in RP? Did you buy it in RP and if so from who and who installed it? Thanks

2. Kea

Kea Well-Known Member

We bought a propane Eccotemp online about 5-6 years ago. It's working fine so far. It was installed by the contractor we were using at the time. (We haven't seen him in a few years. Not sure if he's still in town.)

3. jerry

jerry Well-Known Member

Get a higher end japan made one not the Chinese crap ...9 years on mine and I have been pretty half assed on the maintenance regime.

4. fatboyharley

Where did you get yours from. All I am finding are the made in china ones

5. PintoPoint

PintoPoint Well-Known Member

I purchased a Rheem condensing water heater. I bought it in the US. I did purchase the flush kit so I can flush every 6 months.

jerry likes this.
  6. Estero

Estero Well-Known Member

I recently bought 2 Chinese units off Ebay for $149.00 each and have one installed here in Tijuana and will install the other in Penasco in September. The Ebay seller had sold over 1,000 of these units. So far it has been great, plenty of hot water and have used only 1 bar-b-que sized propane tank in about 5-6 weeks as opposed to one tank weekly with the tank style water heater. I'm never going back.

jerry likes this.
  7. jerry

jerry Well-Known Member

Link to seller please

8. Estero

Estero Well-Known Member

Here you go 18 Liter 5GPM. The unit has a 1/2 inch water inlet and exit so you'll need hoses that have 3/4 on one end and 1/2 on the other. Unless your current hoses are 1/2 on both ends but I doubt they are. For the propane feed you'll need a 1/4 to 1/2 adaptor which you can see on the left (brass adaptor). And 2 DD batteries for the igniter.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/5GPM-LPG-Propane-Gas-Tankless-Instant-Hot-Water-Heater-18L/221709161972?epid=933644242&hash=item339ee555f4:g:pRsAAOSwKrhVZR5L:sc:ShippingMethodStandard!92075!US!-1&_udlo=130&_udhi=230&_sacat=0&_nkw=+tankless+propane+water+heater&_from=R40&rt=nc&LH_TitleDesc=0|0

[​IMG]

jerry likes this.
  9. fatboyharley

Thanks but I need electric