Tattoo Shops in Penasco!?

playaperro

El Pirata
Has anyone had a tattoo done in Penasco, seen a few shops, got someone interested in getting a butterfly for starters
They have a guy here on university studied in japan but he want's 150 bucks an hour.

Last edited:

Kenny

Last edited by playaperro; Today at 01:34 PM. Reason: opps I thought i had edited that
Oh I saw it alright, but I'm used to your obsessive thoughts about me in my fish scarin outfit, but really, a tattoo of Obama on my butt?

Has anyone had a tattoo done in Penasco, seen a few shops, got someone interested in getting a butterfly for starters
They have a guy here on university studied in japan but he want's 150 bucks an hour.
Hey Playa...Jorge, who's now bartending at Boo Bar, is also a tattoo artist...I know a couple of people who have had work done by him.....

Is this $150 per hr artist work in PP or the US.
And what makes him worth that much?

Luna

Sea Shell Goddess
Is this $150 per hr artist work in PP or the US.
And what makes him worth that much?

I have a lot of ink and would be cautious about having work done in Mexico. There are some great artists in Phoenix and from my experience $100-$150 per hour and up is the usual rate for quality work. I always negotiate the price first that way there are no surprises.

I have some tattoos as well and never paid by the hour. Paid by the tattoo. Never paid $150 for one either. I had them all done in Calif, an hour above San Francisco. By the hour? Doesn't smell right...(just imho)

Luna

Sea Shell Goddess
I have some tattoos as well and never paid by the hour. Paid by the tattoo. Never paid $150 for one either. I had them all done in Calif, an hour above San Francisco. By the hour? Doesn't smell right...(just imho)
I believe it to be the standard practice with reputable artists. I assume it is because a small tattoo might not take as much time, but they still have to use the equipment and ink, set up the station, etc. Like I said, I will negotiate the price of the tattoo first and I have an artist that I use regularly. Of course, I have a lot more than just a butterfly or rose (no tramp stamp) and I consider my addiction to be art. I started this over 20 years ago before everyone had a tattoo or all these tattoo shows were on TV. I suppose I was just ahead of my time ;-) !

Roberto

It's amusing how things change over time. Years back only sailors, bikers and crooks had tatoos. Considered very naca. In Japan today, if you have tattoos you cannot use the public baths. I had a fellow therapist tell me that he was inked from his wrists to upper chest with one available space on his left leg. He very carefully kept covered when at work. I commented that not too many years earlier that was considered a diagnostic indicator of a Borderline Personality disorder. He did not speak to me for some time after that !!

InkaRoads

cronopiador
hey Dawg!!! donno if you got your tat2 or not but go to BooBar and ask for Jerry (Ganoa), one of the waiters, he is top notch tat artist he can hook you up!!

hey Dawg!!! donno if you got your tat2 or not but go to BooBar and ask for Jerry (Ganoa), one of the waiters, he is top notch tat artist he can hook you up!!
Hey Eduardo, Are you ever going to come pick up your bottle of tequila? Beach girl and I are going to down 3/12 - 3/17, are you going to be there?