Telmex Slow

Panamahat

Well Known Member
I am on Sandy beach at the Spa. My Telmex connection is really slow a lot of the time. When I check wireless networks in the area they all seem to disappear when the connection is slow. Anyone know if this problem is unique to Sandy Beach, or just overall lousy service from Telmex?

Miakko

Well Known Member
We have Telmex service in El Centro and for the most part are very happy with the connection speed.

Roberto

Well Known Member
Speed has not been a problem in the Mirador area. Connectivity has as we have been down for as long as an entire day. To me it's simple theft. Paying $1 a day for internet, have say 1,000,000 customers, no service for a day, collected $1,000,000 and did not provde service..No there are no refunds for time down.

Panamahat

Well Known Member
Speed has not been a problem in the Mirador area. Connectivity has as we have been down for as long as an entire day. To me it's simple theft. Paying $1 a day for internet, have say 1,000,000 customers, no service for a day, collected $1,000,000 and did not provde service..No there are no refunds for time down.
Yes I notice that on the weekend they seem to shut if off completely. On weekdays it's often slower than dialup. Are there any alternative high speed providers that anyone is aware of.

Sometimes you have to change your microfilters those things you put on the other lines, you can get new ones for free in Telmex office.

Turkster

How much does TelMex cost a month with internet? We are thinking about retiring to RP in a few years and am curious if anyone is happy with the speed, connectivity or service. Thanks.

ernesto

Well Known Member
I pay about $22 a month for a landline and internet in Las Conchas. You get what you pay for, frequent rebooting , impossible streaming on busy weekends, slow speeds. I have seen megacable and it's way better, just not available in LC .

JoseAz

Well Known Member
Telmex internet generally not available in las conchas this week. Has been getting worse and worse over the last year. We are pulling the trigger and going with satellite internet as we both play and work from RP

fatboyharley

Well Known Member
Funny attmx has been horrid this week. Roamed over to telcel and have great service onLC Moviestar also was horrid this week