thanksgiving - time to gather

joester

2 salty dawgs
just back from Michigan, and we can't wait to get back to the beach at PDO -
thought I'd start up a topic for the long turkey weekend.
Teri and I will be arriving Thursday afternoon, ready for 4 nights there.
We're looking forward to meeting everyone, I'll start it off with a big batch of pomegranite margaritas, just need to know where and when....
Chari - are you and Ink going to be there up in the north 40?
let's start planning !! :D

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I'll be there unless something bad happens. Not sure of the exact dates yet, depends on Chuck and when he's doing the turkeys.

A

azbeachboy

I usually cook :chef: in the afternoon on Thanksgiving. I'll be frying two 12-14 lb turkeys. I should arrive Wednesday late afternoon or evening.

joester

2 salty dawgs
that would give us plenty of time -
maybe we can plan a roving party - stumble from rv to rv - having a drink and a bite at each, ending at Chuck's to fry turkeys?
that might be an idea...

joester

2 salty dawgs
that would give us plenty of time -
maybe we can plan a roving party - stumble from rv to rv - having a drink and a bite at each, ending at Chuck's to fry turkeys?
that might be an idea...

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
You wanna have at my place, Chuck? We can I think, if Ink and Alicia don't mind, but I'm not sure the sundeck will be usable yet. The deck is sound but the stairs are dangerous. The patio is pretty big.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
It's pretty tall, Joe. Probably 11 and a half to 12 feet. I'm not climbing up and down a ladder sober never mind drinking. :lol:

A

azbeachboy

My old space would of been perfect... My new space is is all trailer and not a lot of room for a party. Valerie said something about renting a spot on the wall for a party?

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Well, I have no problem having Thanksgiving at the Cove, and I believe Alicia will love it too, no driving :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Like Chari says the stairs to the deck are in bad shape (termite damage) and I would not like anybody getting hurt, however a party in the patio sounds good!!!!

joester

2 salty dawgs
well I sure hope Teri and I are welcome - feels just a bit strange inviting ourselves to join people we haven't met yet, nor been invited to join....
well, we did meet Jerry 6 months ago down in Las Dunas, and he told Kenny we were alright, and then he passed that on to Chari.....
;)

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Come on Joe, you know you are invited. We know each other from the forum. I can't wait for all of us to meet! It will be great, everybody's specialty drink and best side dish. Good food, good company and good eats! What more could we want!!!!!!

joester

2 salty dawgs
Chari -
thanks for the encouraging words. been a rough couple days since we've been back - can't seem to get away from cancer hitting our family and friends at too rapid a pace, getting tough to handle.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Yea, I know. I have a girlfriend with terminal cancer now......She's only 46! That sucks big time!