Thanksgiving wait

ernesto

Well Known Member
Left at 8AM big line at the border, well past Wendy's,single lane , 40 minutes. Suprised it moved so fast. Had 5 gates open at the border and they were moving them through. Weather was cool at nite but beautiful during the day. 43 degrees this AM

BeachyKeen

Well Known Member
I'm guessing like most Holidays or even regular weekends if we can head home the Monday after instead of Sunday , the border should have little to no wait? Trying to do our 1st Thanksgiving there!

azdiva

Well Known Member
Holidays on Mondays...you want to cross on Tues early morn or better, go to Super lay get some tortillas
and breakfast stuffs, head to Schuk Toak, grab a picnic table. charcoal barbecue, grill some shrimp, clams, have a feast, take a hike, visit the exhibit, relax and hit the border around noon. Beats Vasquez Licors in Sonoyta anyday. A must

Belgianboy

Holidays on Mondays...you want to cross on Tues early morn or better, go to Super lay get some tortillas
and breakfast stuffs, head to Schuk Toak, grab a picnic table. charcoal barbecue, grill some shrimp, clams, have a feast, take a hike, visit the exhibit, relax and hit the border around noon. Beats Vasquez Licors in Sonoyta anyday. A must
Where is schuk toak?

brokenwave

Well Known Member
I'm guessing like most Holidays or even regular weekends if we can head home the Monday after instead of Sunday , the border should have little to no wait? Trying to do our 1st Thanksgiving there!
Truth is it's still pretty bad unless you leave before 8am. Crossing back on Monday there are many people who have the same idea of small lines.
Last Thanksgiving we spent in RP, 4 years ago, we left on Monday at 9am and still had a 1 hour wait.

BeachyKeen

Well Known Member
Truth is it's still pretty bad unless you leave before 8am. Crossing back on Monday there are many people who have the same idea of small lines.
Last Thanksgiving we spent in RP, 4 years ago, we left on Monday at 9am and still had a 1 hour wait.
Bummer! We can't get Tuesday off work for sure so maybe if we leave later (no way in heck I can be out by 8 am) I definitely know not to leave around check out time. Some of my wedding guests did that on a Sunday ( not even a holiday but the lighter fall break time, October 16) and had a 2 hour wait :eek:. Other guests left at 8 pm and had 1 car ahead of them :rolleyes: