The luck of the draw and time of day.

Well, hitting the border at roughly 11am and seeing Mexican agents I have seen crossing at night, we have had completely different experiences.
I can't say that much has been different on our part going across. Trailer, sand car, quad, dog and either the Trailblazer or pickup bed full of luggage and cooler.
11Am, check vin on sand car and... Have a good day.
9Pm the time before, they wanted every piece of paper on all the quads and cars and check the cooler and photo the dog again etc.

Just the time of day or luck of the draw.

Heading back, 23 minutes in line, there was some backed up traffic but moving quickly. Checked I.D. and said see yuh.... Wife didn't have her official birth certificate, the passport office still has it. They didn't ask...

Guess its just the luck of the draw there. Be nice keep fingers crossed and try not to cross at night... Lol.

Last edited:
Friday 17 Apr 15 at about 3 in the afternoon, had the worst run in with dirty criminal cops on our way into RP.

Three guys kinda dressed in kinda cop uniforms and a kinda Policia Municipal looking pick-up had the highway blocked off at the intersection where you head north on the new highway to El Golfo near the windmill boondogle.

One of them, a dirty fat unshaven shit had a 9 mm. in hand and started off with a bunch of off the wall questions in spanglish. Like: "wad do ju do?" "where do ju go?" " ees jour truk, yeep, trail-air?" Not one of them had a name tag or badge on them.

I knew it was going to be a shakedown as they had two other truck & trailer combos with AZ plates already pulled over. I decided to pull the "Senile Gringo Estupido" act on em and wouldn't answer a single question, just shook my head and looked like a dumb ass.

We had a dozen vehicles behind us by then and I kept creeping away and the "cop" kept screaming some blithering spanglish shit to me. He orders me to pull over in front of the other two vehicles, so I kinda act like I'm gonna do it but instead blow em off and head to the Pemex station at the windmill circle where I planned on taking refuge with some local witnesses. But low and behold the fuckers had their hands full back at the intersection.

All I can say is beware, and this was in broad daylight!

JJ

JimMcG

Friday 17 Apr 15 at about 3 in the afternoon, had the worst run in with dirty criminal cops on our way into RP.

Three guys kinda dressed in kinda cop uniforms and a kinda Policia Municipal looking pick-up had the highway blocked off at the intersection where you head north on the new highway to El Golfo near the windmill boondogle.

One of them, a dirty fat unshaven shit had a 9 mm. in hand and started off with a bunch of off the wall questions in spanglish. Like: "wad do ju do?" "where do ju go?" " ees jour truk, yeep, trail-air?" Not one of them had a name tag or badge on them.

I knew it was going to be a shakedown as they had two other truck & trailer combos with AZ plates already pulled over. I decided to pull the "Senile Gringo Estupido" act on em and wouldn't answer a single question, just shook my head and looked like a dumb ass.

We had a dozen vehicles behind us by then and I kept creeping away and the "cop" kept screaming some blithering spanglish shit to me. He orders me to pull over in front of the other two vehicles, so I kinda act like I'm gonna do it but instead blow em off and head to the Pemex station at the windmill circle where I planned on taking refuge with some local witnesses. But low and behold the fuckers had their hands full back at the intersection.

JJ
Understandable sentiments, having had them from time to time and behaved similarly, when I was much younger and took no shit from anyone, but I wouldn't recommend that process to anyone today. The senile old man routine works well though.

JJ
Man, remind me not to run around with you and your luck! LOL.

Rather than start a new thread I will just update this one with this trips experience.
6/19-6/22

"Left tempe at 7 on the dot after picking up friends and the trailer.
Wife and friends hungry in Gila Bend, LOOSE 30 minutes at McDs.....
15 minutes at Duty free store thus missing a 20 car group, turned out lucky. Went through border no one in front or behind. 3 female and 1 male agent look at me and waved us through..... Nothing! First time.
Drove by the auto zone coming into town at 11:30 on the dot.
Minus downtime actual drive time 3hours 45minutes.
Can not complain 1 bit." (cut from another thread)

Left town at 9:45am. Did not see one police officer until pulling into Sonoyta. Hit the Mexican side of the crossing at 11:03, pulled out of the American side at 11:06!

Everything coming and going went perfect!