The Satisfied Frog/Anita and Jesus

Hillbeartoe

Well Known Member
Going to start my trip report here. May be long but hang in there. :)

Anita and Jesus'. :):):):):) Corner of Calle 13 and Venustiano Carranza.

First off, Jesus is such a friendly man. With our limited ability to communicate the 2 times I have been there I have sat and talked with him long before getting our food and continue long after we are done eating.
His son is doing a great job, and does a great job with our group considering all of their requests. Everyone always gets breakfast there and from the Pan Cakes to the Chilaquiles, the Bacon and Eggs to the Machaca scrambled with eggs and fresh cut papitas, the Breakfasts are great.
However I wanted to try something else as well as another member of our party. He got the cheese Enchiladas with Fried eggs on top! Fabulous and their sauce actually has a good flavor, much different than any other place we have eaten so far.
But, I tried the Chili Rellenos. Now I have made these for years even at my Mothers restaurant. Their Chili Rellenos are the BEST tasting Chili's I have had! 2 Big Chili's, Beans and rice and plenty of tortillas. For 80 pesos ($5)!
Price, service, accuracy, quality and taste = Awesome.
Jesus is now babysitting his sons 3 month old baby, on site, and when he got fussy my sister fed and held the baby while the parents worked hehe. We felt at home.
The chat with Jesus and heart felt hug when we were leaving, turned it into more than just a great meal.

The Satisfied Frog! :):):):):) At the end of the Malicon Drag, can't miss it.

Sunday night on the Malicon. The Locals Friday night and the whole atmosphere down there is different, better! It's my favorite night of the week to be in Puerto Peñasco!

My wife, our friends Bob and Elle and I decided to go get a last drink and a little food before we headed home today (Monday). The Malicon was Packed! We parked over in the old port lot. We were going to head up to the BooBar to say hey to the Boo Boys. CLOSED at 8:30.

So I asked, if everyone was up for the walk, we would check out The Satisfied Frog. What a stroke of luck that the BooBar closed.

There were about 15 people between the bar and 2 other groups at tables. The place was clean and great vibe. On top of that there were several To Go orders happening.

Instantly we noticed people eating chicken and it looked and smelled great.

We were sat by an open window and both couples received excellent poured drinks in mason jars.

Looking at the menu it was tough for a few seconds to decide but after looking at the Daily specials the Sunday Special, Whole fried chicken with Mashed taters and coleslaw for $12 was a no brain-er. Our friends ordered the same, but wanted fries instead of Mashed taters.

*NOTE: This was WAYYYYY more food than we could even begin to eat. One whole chicken with the 2 sides + an order of fries is PLENTY of food for 4 good eaters!

Sides came just a couple minutes before the chicken and I couldn't wait to try some (garlic MMM)mashed potatoes and gravy. They were GREAT. The only coleslaw my wife likes is mine, and The Satisfied Frogs' now! That says a lot.
When the chicken hit the table it was ON. Please understand I and others consider me to be a Very good cook. This is the BEST fried chicken I have ever had anywhere! My wife and friends agreed.
Wife drinks Absolute Tonics and I had a very nicely poured Crown with just a splash of coke. With the massive amount of chicken and very substantial sides, $25 before tip.

The entire experience was perfect!

We can not wait to get back down there and try the Pizza next time!

@Ed Chilleen , Jesus was our server and did a great job. I had a chance to speak with him while waiting on the food. Very nice person and great representative for the restaurant.
Octavio was cooking and not just the chicken but everything was perfect.
Now for some Pictures for those of you that hung in there.

Last edited:

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Nice report on The Satisfied FrogHB.
Some tasty looking food, We will have to try them again the next time I'm down.
The 2 times I have been there, right after they opened, it was only OK.
I understand they offer great prices on beer and drinks.
And they are using a fair exchange rate of 14-1, Nice to be able to use Peso's and not get ripped off by the places that cater to Gringo's.

Hillbeartoe

Well Known Member
Nice report on The Satisfied FrogHB.
Some tasty looking food, We will have to try them again the next time I'm down.
The 2 times I have been there, right after they opened, it was only OK.
I understand they offer great prices on beer and drinks.
And they are using a fair exchange rate of 14-1, Nice to be able to use Peso's and not get ripped off by the places that cater to Gringo's.
It seems that Ed Chilleen has really worked hard to get the kinks out. I would have no issues sending people to this restaurant.

tequilatodd

Well Known Member
I had heard they had shaky start and some bad reviews initially. I had been to their place in Cave Creek a hand full of times and always had a great time.
When I heard they were opening in RP I was excited to try. I was there in January this year and absolutely loved it. Great Margaritas (Strong)
Will definitely be going back

Alacrane

Anita and Jesus'. :):):):):) Corner of Calle 13 and Venustiano Carranza.

First off, Jesus is such a friendly man. With our limited ability to communicate the 2 times I have been there I have sat and talked with him long before getting our food and continue long after we are done eating.
His son is doing a great job, and does a great job with our group considering all of their requests. Everyone always gets breakfast there and from the Pan Cakes to the Chilaquiles, the Bacon and Eggs to the Machaca scrambled with eggs and fresh cut papitas, the Breakfasts are great.
However I wanted to try something else as well as another member of our party. He got the cheese Enchiladas with Fried eggs on top! Fabulous and their sauce actually has a good flavor, much different than any other place we have eaten so far.
But, I tried the Chili Rellenos. Now I have made these for years even at my Mothers restaurant. Their Chili Rellenos are the BEST tasting Chili's I have had! 2 Big Chili's, Beans and rice and plenty of tortillas. For 80 pesos ($5)!
Price, service, accuracy, quality and taste = Awesome.
Jesus is now babysitting his sons 3 month old baby, on site, and when he got fussy my sister fed and held the baby while the parents worked hehe. We felt at home.
The chat with Jesus and heart felt hug when we were leaving, turned it into more than just a great meal.

The Satisfied Frog! :):):):):) At the end of the Malicon Drag, can't miss it.

Sunday night on the Malicon. The Locals Friday night and the whole atmosphere down there is different, better! It's my favorite night of the week to be in Puerto Peñasco!

My wife, our friends Bob and Elle and I decided to go get a last drink and a little food before we headed home today (Monday). The Malicon was Packed! We parked over in the old port lot. We were going to head up to the BooBar to say hey to the Boo Boys. CLOSED at 8:30.

So I asked, if everyone was up for the walk, we would check out The Satisfied Frog. What a stroke of luck that the BooBar closed.

There were about 15 people between the bar and 2 other groups at tables. The place was clean and great vibe. On top of that there were several To Go orders happening.

Instantly we noticed people eating chicken and it looked and smelled great.
Have you ever been to playa bonita for breakfast or haapy hour? My FAV!
We were sat by an open window and both couples received excellent poured drinks in mason jars.

Looking at the menu it was tough for a few seconds to decide but after looking at the Daily specials the Sunday Special, Whole fried chicken with Mashed taters and coleslaw for $12 was a no brain-er. Our friends ordered the same, but wanted fries instead of Mashed taters.

*NOTE: This was WAYYYYY more food than we could even begin to eat. One whole chicken with the 2 sides + an order of fries is PLENTY of food for 4 good eaters!

Sides came just a couple minutes before the chicken and I couldn't wait to try some (garlic MMM)mashed potatoes and gravy. They were GREAT. The only coleslaw my wife likes is mine, and The Satisfied Frogs' now! That says a lot.
When the chicken hit the table it was ON. Please understand I and others consider me to be a Very good cook. This is the BEST fried chicken I have ever had anywhere! My wife and friends agreed.
Wife drinks Absolute Tonics and I had a very nicely poured Crown with just a splash of coke. With the massive amount of chicken and very substantial sides, $25 before tip.

The entire experience was perfect!

We can not wait to get back down there and try the Pizza next time!

@Ed Chilleen , Jesus was our server and did a great job. I had a chance to speak with him while waiting on the food. Very nice person and great representative for the restaurant.
Octavio was cooking and not just the chicken but everything was perfect.
Now for some Pictures for those of you that hung in there.

[/QUOTE]

mermaid

Went to the Frog last night for dinner. My wife ordered the beef ribs and I got the fried chicken. Food was excellent and the beer was very cold. Wait staff was was great.
I went to the Frog back when they first opened and had a few complaints with the whole experience. They seem to have worked out all the kinks and have it all working well. We will make this one of our regular stops when we head to town.