Thefts in Plya De Oro RV Park

I posed the following question to Linda of Plya De Oro RV park after another theft in the park.

Linda Plya De Oro RV Park
We have a problem in the park. I use the word we because it effects you and me. You because the long term residents are questioning wheather to come back if there is not an improvment in the security of the park. AND ME BECAUSE I HAVE THE SAME QUESTION. I have been comming to your park for many years and I do not want to go elsewhere but if there is no security and I can expect to lose my stuff I just do not know what to do. When the security people sleep instead of watching the park you can only expect thefts. I have never seen you here and I understand no one else in the park has seen you at night to check on your security people. In this case the old management saying is true " Employees only respect what management inspects" If you are not here they will sleep. I will also be posting this comment on Rocky Point Talks.
I have to think you need all of the residents you can get and don't want to lose any of us.
Please respond withyour solution to the problem
Bill Hale

If she responds I will post the responce.

Bill.....I hope you get a response.....BUT my feeling is.......LOTSA LUCK!!!!

From friends who have their trailers in the North 40, there has always been a breakin/theft problem there. In the park I was in (San Rafael)....the kid who was on duty at night was completely useless. Half the time you couldn't find him, or he was goofing off with several of his buddies around the office. The wall around the park on the old Playa Elegante side was low enough from the street side for people to easily climb over...plus in the far corner, it was pretty isolated.

So, unfortunately, you're on your own....just make sure anything of value is either locked down or put away!!

Valerie

We have been postponing a trip down but have finally made the decision to give it a go in spite of all the "talk" about the dangers of the trip down from Tucson. We have been staying at PDO since Granada del Mar closed their RV Park and have always felt at least somewhat secure there...even to the extend of bragging about how "secure" it is to others. Now you have us a bit concerned. I am in fairly constant contact with the folks at PDO and plan to send an inquiry of my own...and I look forward to hearing if and what their response is to Wood Spinner.

Valerie....you don't have anything to worry about in terms of your safety....it's just that things left lying around tend to "grow legs"....

Valerie
I agree with rockyptjoe. The trip is not the problem it is in the park. I used to feel secure in leaving a few things out but no more. Two nights ago a lady acroos from us heard a noise outside and looked out only to see two Mexican fellows steeling her $ 80.00 chairs. She yelled at them and they just ignored her and off they went with the chairs. Very bold to say the least. I have not yet heard from Linda but from what I understand she does very little ans is not realy concerned.
That may well be why the park has very few people in it.
Come on down and enjoy yourself.

Not trying to take business away from PDO....but my park "of choice" when I had small kids was Playa Bonita. Was over visiting some friends who were staying there (for several months) my last trip down, and they said that the security had improved in the park....security was actually walking around at night!!!!

Valerie

We have stayed at Playa Bonita...way back "in the day" as they say...and enjoyed it very much. We usually try to get over the PB for happy hour at least one during each stay. I am ashamed to say I had one of my worst baracho days after a happy hour there! :)

But we like the proximity of PDO to the Malecon...and we like mingling with the locals. We have developed friendships with several of the vendors over the course of the years...some have opened stalls in the Malecon. We also like being close to the fish market. For this trip we are particularly interested in staying within walking distance of some stuff since we are hoping to have some work done on our Jeep...AC work, a little body work...and maybe a paint job? Any suggestions?

Valerie

I sent Linda an e-mail earlier today and have already received a reply and am sharing it with you all...

"...we did have theft problems 3 weeks ago at couple customer's spaces, things that were easy to get and run away with through the beach front spaces. I have already taken measures: The security guard in charge of watching that no one tresspasses Playa de Oro property by the beach front, has been removed from his duty. Besides, I had a meeting with my security personnel today at 1:30 at my office and they are aware they will be held fully responsible for any customer's belongings that go missing or stolen. Of course, I hope that nothing gets stolen from now due to the changes on security I have made. However, if it happens again security guards will pay fully for the stolen items from now on. I believe I have good security personnel right now, but sometimes taking stronger measures like this ones taken today will bring the solution to the problem :) .
Hope my letter has ease your concerns. If not, I would like to hear your suggestions :)
Thanks, Linda @ Playa de Oro

Shame on you Bill....threatening and being disrespectfull!!!! :stir:

The poor schmuck....he's probably losing his whole week's salary because management has been lax/neglectfull!!! And all this money that PDO is spending on security!!!! :rofl:

I went thru the same "lip service" with the park I was in when I had one attempted burglary, and then the breakin/theft.....the same kid is working as night security that was there before....still useless as ever!

Last edited:

Valerie

FYI...We just returned from a 10-day stay at Playa de Oro. No problems and none reported by others. Security was visible and active...as in moving around the park...especially after dark.

We are there now and it seems all is OK. Security is active and have not heard of any problems.
Thanks Linda for what ever action you did take.

HAPPY

User is currently banned
~ ~ ~ It's about time ! ! ! ~ ~ ~ a yr. & 1/2 ago when we were there last, some CABRON or CABRON'S attempted to jack some parts off of my boat engine ! ! ! did $150.00 worth of damage ! ! ! ME NO LIKEY ! ! ! ~ ~ ~ @ that point in time the theft was rampant, ~ ~ ~ propane bottles were the item of choice, bicycles, bbq's, patio furn., propane burners, trailer batteries, another hot item, little outside freezers, name it, if it was left out it WALKED, or it FLEW to the chingada ! ! ! ~ ~ ~ hell if you left your panties out to dry, especially if they were pink, ! ! ! bye, bye, ~ ~ ~ hasta la vista ! ! !

~ ~ ~ But now after 30 + yrs. ``` I couldn't care less what happens there, ~ ~ ~ cause we will ```NEVER``` go to PP again ! ! ! ~ ~ ~ just not worth the risk ! ! ! ~ ~ ~

Happy,

If you are never to return, then shut up and stay away from the forum too!
I thought the forum was for concerned folks looking for information pertaining to their visits to RP.
I find this forum very, very informative for my family and friends. I have asked for help and my
requests have been answered in minutes! Saved us a lot of grief.

Sunshine